Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: APEX Black Steel DS-539 Micro ATX Media Center / HTPC Case
Pros: Decent layout and size, set-up was fairly easy. Pretty good for such an inexpensive case.
Keeps pretty cool
Cons: 1. Some of the metal edges are a little sharp
2. One USB 2.0 slot in front not working (could be MB but doubt it). After full assembly, not worth RMA since still have 5 USB 2.) and 4 USB 3.0 working.
3. MB Backplane does not fit snugly
4. See note below
Other Thoughts: If you buy this case, definitely also buy an SATA 3 cable with a right angle connector. The drive cage is very close to the edge of case, so a straight connector will not allow the cover to close.
I replaced the stock 80MM fan with a quieter Cooler Master fan from Newegg. Today have been running the PC for 6 hours loading software and updating Win 7 and it has stayed pretty cool (running stock Intel fan on a Core i5 3570K-not OC'd)
Pros: Good price; nice looking unit; small and light; easy installation; seems quite fast; only one USB port needed to power.
Cons: Minor--SSD fits a little loosely (need to put a very thin layer of foam sheeting in to hold snugly), but I tested with an old SATA 2.5" HD from my notebook and it fit very nicely.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1.Nice size (Smaller than my old USB 2 Thermaltake
2. USB 3
3. Good price and free shipping
Cons: Minor Cons-
1. Not particularly fast for USB 3
2. Yet another USB 3 cable connection (the third I now have)
3. No eject button, so have to be careful in taking out a drive
Other Thoughts: Just a note: Blue indicator light in front is NOT the power indicator light. Only goes on when you have an active USB connection.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.