Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Very quiet.
Great 80 Plus Gold platform (see other thoughts) for a low price.
Compatible with new Haswell low power states.
Cons: All 4 SATAs on a single chain and all molex connectors on a single chain. It may be difficult to use all connectors if you needed them.
Other Thoughts: There's only 5 cables and you will probably be using them all so the non-modular design doesn't really matter.
This PSU uses Sirfa's HPM platform, which is also used by Rosewill Photon (<= 750W). You can read up jonnyguru's review of SilentiumPC Supremo M1 Gold 550W, which also uses this platform. They differ mainly by the fan, caps, and connectors.
This review is from: PlayStation 4 Console
Pros: Whether you are a PC or current gen gamer, you're first reaction after turning on the system and launching a game is that this really is next gen.
- Eye catching hardware
- Effortless setup
- Integrated and easier to use UI. The store is seamlessly integrated into the UI. Downloading from the store is a one-click process
- Fast and smooth UI. Can go to the UI from the middle of a firefight without skipping a beat.
- Designed for the gamer. The system does everything it could to make jumping into a game as smooth and fast as possible. Cold system bootup is less than half a minute. Even though disc games needs to be installed, even a 40+GB game needs only 3 mins before you can start. Game updates occurs during standby and in the background. Changing audio from the middle of a game is one button push.
- Gorgeous gameplay experience. High frame rate, high resolution, and detailed textures. Unprecedented for launch titles.
- Tons of indie support.
- Tons of F2P games. Don't need PS+ for most of these.
- No paywall for paid services like Netflix and Hulu Plus.
- DS4 improves on the DS3 in every way. Hard to go back.
- Remote play works on every game. No longer tied to my TV.
- Instant game collection. I only bought BF4 and K:SF (both from Newegg), but I already have a backlog thanks to PS+ (Resogun, Contrast), F2P (DCUO, Warframe, BLR), and Cross-Buy promotions (Flower, Sound Shape).
- User-replaceable hardware. Very easy to do.does not void the warranty. Mine is now a HGST 5k1500 1.5TB HDD.
Cons: - Arguably limited launch line-up (not much from Japan).
Other Thoughts: Newegg was great and offered my launch day delivery for only $10.READ FULL REVIEW
2 platter design
Stable (no lockups after downloading and installing 300+ GB of games from PSN)
Good read speed
Cons: Write speed is a bit slow (may be due to 512e causing read-modify-write on unaligned sectors)
Other Thoughts: If you don't mind the slightly slow write speed (noticeable only during large game installations), the drive is great.
Otherwise, I would suggest the Seagate drives which comes with Smart Align, which allows the drive to avoid read-modify-write independent of OS. A lot of the people like Samsung, but it should have the same issue, so I'm guessing either its firmware does things faster/better or they aren't timing things