Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: ICY DOCK MB981U3-1SA 2.5"/3.5" USB 3.0 SATA Docking Station with IDE Adapter
Pros: 1. Flexible on options to connect drives to
2. works like a champion
Cons: none - thing just plain works - used on 16 drives so farREAD FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1. size is compact
2. has track ball (track pads suck for media centers)
3. has scroll wheel (really nice for media centers and interfaces)
Cons: 1. dropped connection from the start
2. track ball didn't work properly after 1st day of use
3. buttons were very sensitive on keyboard front
4. did i say that it wouldn't stay connected properly on 3 different computers
5. quality control has obviously failed
Other Thoughts: I have owned two previous media center keyboards of larger size but they have tack balls and scroll wheels - perfect combo for media center interface when scrolling through albums, video, menus etc. on the popular media front ends. This could have been a sweet compact replacement for the two that have broken from too many drops/falls to the floor; in the end it barely made it out of the box before it was found to be lacking as noted in the cons above.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: * Magician Software is good and make a major difference in speed
* Reliable so far
* Faster than regular hard drive
Cons: * Not that fast compared to 4 year old OCZ drive it replaced
* Has to have Magician Software installed to make it acceptably fast
* Slow to handle multiple disk intensive tasks
Other Thoughts: I have the 840 Evo and this 850 Pro - both PC builds have same issue of slower performance than the 4 year old OCZ Vertex drives they replaced. Key point - slower REAL WORLD performance. Boot times on the same systems are 3 times longer and opening a document folder with a few thousand files in it crawls as the thumbnails pop up - never used to see this with my old drive. Downloading a file into the same folder when opening (ie. clicking on open download location from browser while it is still downloading - slow slow slow).
Also, without Samsung magician running the 850 drive is even slower. It should be fast out of the box. It benchmarks with the Magician software quite well but Real World does not stack up to other SSDs on the market.
Been messing with them for a year now and will soon replace them.