Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: fast when it works
Cons: doesn't work
Other Thoughts: I've had 3 of these drives so far. First one worked for a month or so and failed, a replacement failed immediately and it's replacement failed immediately as well. It seems that these drives just don't work.
I've had a similar OCZ Colossus 500GB drive and it had similar issues. Eventually OCZ replaced it with similarly sized Octane drive which seems much more reliable so far.
It is very disappointing to see this piece of hardware that initially cost $3,000 not work at all, but it seems to be a fact.
On the other hand, OCZ customer support is very responsive and quick to issue RMA
Pros: good cables
Cons: one of the 12 that I purchased had a broken latchREAD FULL REVIEW
lots of room
decent quiet stock fans
4 font panel USB and 2 eSATA
Cons: somewhat flimsy
very bright power LED
too few screws
Other Thoughts: Bottom line - this is not something I would put in my office or living room. However I got it for building a file server with 12 hot-swappable HDDs that will sit in the garage and for that it works.
* the case indeed offers 9 5.25 slots. However I couldn't figure out how to take out the front panels other than bending and breaking them. instructions weren't helpful at all. I also had to use wire-cutters to remove some parts that were in the way to get all 9 5.25 slots open
* Power LED is blindingly bright even during the day.
* Front panel offers audio, 5 USB2.0 and two eSATA port. More than your average case. I wish there were USB3.0 ports as well. But - oh, well...
* Something that it could have definitely done away with are fan speed controller knobs. Why would anyone need these when all motherboards nowdays can control fans automatically
* fans are quiet for a case this cheap. Just don't expect Noctua kind of quiet. They also light up like christmass tree. I guess someone would like that..
* Motherboard plate is well though out - with all the needed holes for screws and behind the CPU for easy cooler replacement should you need it.
Overall, it is not as good as Lian Li, but then it doesn't cost as much either. It gets the job done well and if you don't have to look at it (or don't mind the looks) it is OK.