Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Pros: - Inexpensive motherboard with plenty of features.
- No shortage of connectivity, and faster USB charging is a great feature.
Cons: - USB 3.0 controller died within a week of having a front-panel USB 3.0 header plugged in.
- Main CPU fan controller died within 2 months... let's just say it's a good thing I have good case cooling.
Other Thoughts: - I no longer can recommend this product to others, as having 2 different things die after such a short time doesn't earn my recommendation.
- Also, Gigabyte's RMA system is old-age and generally awful. You have to request an RMA (which takes 2 days to be reviewed) and once it gets approved you have to ship it on your dime (as in you have to go to UPS or whichever and set up the shipment, it's not like Newegg where you just pay and they give you the label to print), plus from what I've heard the turnaround time is very slow. Going to go with a different brand for my future builds.
Pros: - Cheap
- Black interior
- Easy to build in
- Feels quality
Cons: - No dust filters. This isn't a big deal in a hardwood environment but a carpeted room kills gathers significantly more dust than I'd expect.
- Holes for 2.5" drive on bottom are 90 degrees off, as in they make the drive sideways which makes it so you can't connect it (drive cage in the way). I'm sure this is just a random manufacturing defect and it doesn't throw the build off that much, but it was worth mentioning.
This review is from: Fremo C510 11000mAh Dual-Port 3.1A Output External Battery Power Bank With LCD Power Indicator for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5s, iPad Air mini, Galaxy S5, S4, Tab 2, Note 3, Nexus, HTC One M8 and More
Pros: - Cheap with plenty of capacity
- LCD readout is helpful for a general ide of where the charge is out.
Cons: - both ports died within a year.
- LCD readout drops like a rock after reaching 85%.