Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Fremo C510 11000mAh Dual-Port 3.1A Output External Battery Power Bank With LCD Power Indicator for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5s, iPad Air mini, Galaxy S5, S4, Tab 2, Note 3, Nexus, HTC One M8 and More
Pros: - Cheap with plenty of capacity
- LCD readout is helpful for a general ide of where the charge is out.
Cons: - both ports died within a year.
- LCD readout drops like a rock after reaching 85%.
This review is from: TRENDnet TEG-S5G, 5-Port Unmanaged Gigabit GREENnet Desktop Plastic Housing Switch
Pros: - Cheap
- Power Efficient
- 5 Ports
- Not software-fussy
Cons: - Plastic housing doesn't feel very reassuring, and it doesn't like to sit flat on a table with a full load of cables on the back.
- Power adapter is on the side, rather than the back. Makes neat looking wiring nearly impossible - put it out of sight.
Other Thoughts: Owned for over a year, easy to understand speed indicators help determine the slow point in your home network. For me, that was my old Verizon router's 100MB ports. Now everything's gigabit all the way from the fiber to the PC.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan
Pros: - Inexpensive - for a Jackson and a Hamilton you get a great product with plenty of cooling potential.
- Universal - fits most current sockets.
- Good performance - allows for a little bit of overclocking, and keeps most chips nice and cool at stock speeds.
- No thermal paste pre-applied, great for those AS-5 or similar users.
- Push/pull capability - clips, screws, and vibration-reducing rubber pads included.
Cons: - None to speak of, see Other Thoughts.
Other Thoughts: Upgraded my motherboard, processor, and cooler. Used to have an AMD 6 core with a Hyper 212+, and was not disappointed by that thing (now on my guest PC).
Installation is in line with other aftermarket coolers - harder than your normal push pins or "slidey clip". You only have to do it once every 2 years or so depending on your upgrade schedule, so why does it matter? I had no issues installing either cooler.\
The cooler is quite tall, but I haven't had any issues witting it in any of my cases. If your case is small, do a quick height check. Otherwise it's not something to worry about.
In conclusion, just buy this cooler for any budget sensitive build - you won't be disappointed.
Display Name: Joseph T.
Date Joined: 12/08/13
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.