Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Timings (7-8-7-24)
- Speed (1600)
- Reliability (No errors whatsoever on Memtest)
- Nice look
- Come with fans
Cons: - No cons with the performance of the memory itself.
- Fans rack could be a little more solid to hold better in place.
- First problem i ever had with something comming from NewEgg. (See "Other thoughts:"...)
Other Thoughts: - I put these cons here because i don't know who is responsible: The manufacturer or someone at NewEgg. I was very disapointed when i opened the box because it obviously had already been opened and the content been tempered with. First, I had to glue back in place 1/3 of one of the fan sticker because it had evidently been pulled off. Second, one memory had scratch on the metal of the heat spreader. Third, and the worst, one other memory had half of his warranty sticker completely ripped off... Nowhere to be found even in the box. The first thing i have done is to memtest all the memory extensively to see if there was some internal damage done to them. But they worked perfectly and still do. So i decided to keep them instead of taking the chance to exchange them and find myself with another set with errors on it. So i remove 3 eggs because of the 3 problems they had on it and give back 1 to be fair because i can't be sure the manufacturer is responsible for this.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Run at 850mhz by default.
- 4gb of memory (2gb / GPU).
- Not so loud under low load.
- A card built with VERY good quality materials.
- 2x8 pins + 1x6 pins of input power for plenty of overclocking potential. (Way better on that aspect than the Black Edition Limited). If you want to overclock a lot, this card is the one for you.
- VERY unique and nice look.
- Nice 100mm fan
- VERY big copper heatsink on each GPU to keep them cool.
- Come with good quality gaming mouse.
- Come with with a nice little badge.
- Come with a nice case that you can keep.
- Both GPU stays cool under 100% load.
Cons: - Fan can be rather loud under 100% load (Fortunately, that won't happen often given the power of this card). But if you push the fan to 100% just for the fun, you will swear there is a plane's tubine in your PC and it will start going to fly.
- The biggest con is that it takes 3 slots of space by just a little. They should have either built it a little smaller to take just 2 slots of space or take the whole 3 slot of space by putting a 3 fans system that would have been far quieter under heavy load. Why they decided to choose between the 2 and take 3 slots of space by so little is a mystery to me.
- Well... Everybody already said it and i will say it again: This card is VERY HUGE. In fact it's a monster. Even the Black Edition Limited seems like a kid's toy when you compare them. Take measures in your PC before buying and not only the lenght and height but also the width can be tricky in some PC. Be aware!
- This card weight over 5 lbs. Try to support it to protect you mother
Other Thoughts: - Not really a con because both GPU stays cool anyway under 100% load but the second GPU (the one nearest to the front of the PC) tend to be always a little hotter than the first GPU (the one near the exhaust behind the pc). Which indicate that the flow of air is very good (because they both stays cool anyway) but not perfect like the Black Edition Limited where both GPU temperature are always the same.
- This card is one of the best. If you want a video card that you can overclock like crazy, this is the card for you and go for it.
Pros: - 4GB (2GB/GPU)
- Eyefinity 6
- 850mhz speed (without overclock)
- ONLY 2 slots of space used.
- VERY nice packaging with a quality bag that you can keep
- Fan illuminated with a red light
- Stay very cool at the same temperature on both GPU even at 100% load.
- Fan sound is not so bad at low speed.
- Come with 6 video adaptors and lots of stickers + a nice case badge
Cons: - Fan can become rather noisy at 100% load. (Don't let that stop you because it won't happen often that you find any application being able to ask 100% load anyway).
- The card is very long so remember to measure your case before buying.
- Even with 6 video adaptors included, the DVI adaptors are only DVI-D adaptors... They should have been DVI-I. It is important to verify your connections on your monitor(s) if you are pluged in DVI because a DVI-I (or even DVI-A for that matter) can NOT plug into a DVI-D (Because 4 pins hole are missing with a DVI-D). Maybe thay have done that because the signal going out is only digital (or not... i didn't test it) but, even then, they should have been DVI-I adaptors for versatility so, obviously, they cut the budget here, which is rather odd for a video card of that price and quality.
- Can't be overclocked too much. (If it is what you want to do, go for the ARES instead).
Other Thoughts: - It is true that the heat is exhausted at both end of the card but, i don't know why, the temperature of both GPU is alway the same no matter the load. You normally would expect with that type a dual GPU card with a fan in the middle that the one closest to the back is significantly cooler. But those are always equal and rather cool. Which is a very good indication of the quality of construction of this card.
- If you want one, don't let the few cons stop you, you won't be disapointed. It still worth 5 eggs by far.