Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Ok here is HOW you set this RAM up. Your settings may vary, but that depends on your Proc, and HT FSB. No matter what baord you use, these are the proper settings without raising voltages.
1. Set your timings to manual CAS (5) , man RAS, (5) man RAS2-Pre, (5), TRAS, (Auto) The TRas MUST be set to Auto, for the mem to correctly understand the CPU multiplier. DO NOT Adjust the Voltage, It does NOT need higher voltage, Nor does the CPU!!! Set the Bank Cycle: 24, 2T. ( Auto ) Again.
3. Now Adjust your HT Freq, I set mine at: 260 w 13.5x260 HT. Multi ( Max ) On this Board. ECS 780G. Any higher the mem will freak out. Why? It's now beyond the rated Jdec standard of 533 Mhz. The system will NOT boot, and you'll have to reset the BIOS.
4. This will allow Dual, Unganged, this will also adjust your memory clock frequency automatically, Just the way it's intented to work.
5. This will set your mem to 520 Mhz 1:2
6. I am Using an AMD Sempron 2.7 AM3 $32 Dollar Proc.
7. This sets the Proc at 3.510 Ghz, and a 2600 Mhz FSB!8. The trick is to NOT overclock your Mutiplier beyond what the memory Freq is set to, in this case 1066 ( 533 Mhz ) I struck a nice ground with these settings and it's ROCK solid.
Other Thoughts: Northbridge AMD 780G rev. 00
Southbridge ATI SB750 rev. 00
Memory Type DDR2
Memory Size 2048 MBytes
Channels Dual, (Unganged)
Memory Frequency 520.0 MHz (1:2)
CAS# latency (CL) 5.0
RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD) 5
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 5
Cycle Time (tRAS) 18
Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 24
Command Rate (CR) 2T
Uncore Frequency 2600.0 MHz
Fire UP CPU'z and Marvel at your new System Settings.
This review is from: AMD Sempron 140 Sargas Single-Core 2.7 GHz Socket AM3 45W SDX140HBGQBOX Processor
Pros: Ok, Forget everything you know about single core CPU's. This IS the absolute best sinlge core chip I have ever seen. While unlocking the second core is nice, it in no way detracts from keeping the chip single only. As a matter of fact, I saw little difference, if any. It easily outruns my old dual core Athlon x2 Brisbane 5000. Runs super cool, and the HT bus is stock at 2000Mhz, with 533Mhz 1066 Mushkin Ram. Pair this with a SSD drive and get busy! Are there better and faster chips? sure, however, for everyday uses it simply smokes A$$$!
Other Thoughts: You simply cannot go wrong with this chip at this price.
Running a simple pro audio setup.
2 500gig Sata II Raid
Mushkin DDR2 1066 Dula Kit
ECS Black series Ultra board
Corsair 400 PSU
Antec P180 Insulated Case
This review is from: Toshiba 19" 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV 19AV600U
Pros: Absolutely Great TV! This Picture is by far the best I've seen in a low cost 19' set. I have looked at everything under the sun and none are nearly as good as this in the segment. With the proper signal the picture is bright vibrant, and detailed. The TEXT is super sharp, and edge to edge brightness is equal.
Cons: It doesnt clip my toenails!!
And, most all other competitors locally have this same set listed for $199 or less, so look around! I LOVE the Egg, but price does matter, plus shipping.