Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: 1. With this being an IPS display the colors on this monitor are amazing.
2. Absolutely zero backlight bleed or dead pixels.
3. The included stand is easy to install, sturdy, and extremely ergonomic.
4. Menu is a little daunting at first glance, but play around with it for a minute and becomes pretty simple.
5. Was able to overclock this monitor to 75hz for gaming which makes game extremely smooth.
Cons: 1. Not a big fan of the button layout, but I have seen far worse.
2. Included cables are relatively short (especially the displayport).
Note: These are mere nitpicks and do not even come close to warrant an egg being dropped.
Other Thoughts: Fantastic for gaming or productivity and the low blue light keeps my eyes feeling fresh. If you can pick this monitor up for under $400, it is a worthy purchase that you wont be disappointed with.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1. This card is very quiet, maybe the quietest card I have ever owned and I love the fact that the fans wont kick on until the card hits 60 - 65c.
2. This card stays cool, running the valley benchmark this card never reached above 68c and managed to boost clock itself to over 1500mhz.
3. The white leds on the side of the card look sharp inside my case and fit very well with the theme of my build.
4. Has absolutely demolished everything I've thrown at it in 1440p including: Dragon Age Inquisition, GTA V, Call of Duty Black Ops 3, Battlefield 4, Heavily Modded Skyrim.
Cons: 1. Not really a con, more of a nitpick. This should've come with a backplate, but EVGA aren't the only manufacturers who didn't include a backplate for the 980. With that said the black PCB does look sharp and really doesn't affect the aesthetics.
Other Thoughts: This is the highest and most reviewed 980 on newegg for a reason. The card runs exceptionally well and is backed by EVGA's legendary customer service (some of the best I've ever dealt with). If you can get this card on sale (I picked it up for $470) it is an absolute deal.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Fractal Design Venturi High Pressure Series PWM 120mm Fan
Pros: First thing is that these fans from Fractal are extremely well built (the pictures don't show the build quality). Secondly the anti-vibration mounting is very nice if not somewhat difficult to thread, but it really only took an extra minute or so to mount these. Third is the PWM control, I love being able to control how fast my fans spin and at which temps to speed up at. Fourth is that they are quiet, I mean really quiet. Comparing them to the Noctua NF-F12 and Be Quiet! PureWings they are every bit as quiet as either and their airflow is just somewhat short of Noctua and outright wins against Be Quiet!. If you're looking for a great fan that is black, silent, static-pressure optimized, and is very affordable compared to Noctua then this is the fan for you.
Cons: The only thing I can even point to is the anti-vibration mounting on the fan. It is kind of difficult to thread, but really doesn't make a difference in the long run.
Other Thoughts: With these being part of series that includes 120mm and 140mm in both static pressure and airflow models you should have no trouble finding a fan to fit your needs. For reference I use two 140mm HP series for front intake, two 120mm HP series to radiator cooling, and one 140mm AF series for exhaust and they keep my system cool and quiet.READ FULL REVIEW