Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2 USB Connector Circumaural Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset
Pros: 1) Comfortable design - They adjust great and smoothly. I have a big ish head and I was able to adjust them to fit. Also, my ears don't get overly hot while wearing these. Several other headsets I have had made my ears uncomfortably hot after 30-45 minutes of use. I can wear these for 2 hours without issue.
2) Software is easy and unobtrusive. Its not super fancy but it just works.
3) Surround sound works great. It took a while but I really can start to recognize the direction that sounds are coming from in certain games with these.
4) Decently durable. I fly every week for work so these are always in my suitcase. I'm careful to fold the ear cuffs flat and put it between a couple shirts for support but 4 months in and there is no noticeable wear from being jostle around constantly
5) They reject room noise pretty well. My friends have said that I sound about the same as my old mics but that there is less room noise in the background with these.
Cons: 1) They are big. But what do you expect from surround sound headsets?
2) Wish they came with a case/bag. Most people won't travel with a headset this big but I do and something to help protect them would have been very helpful.
Other Thoughts: They are loud like some users have mentioned but I have not experienced the levels they claim. I usually run with windows sound at around 30% and in game volume between 50-75%. That almost always works to put the volume just about right (easy to hear but not overly loud)READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Synology DS213j Diskless System Network Storage
Pros: 1) Good processor and transfer speeds for the price
2) Easy to setup
3) Lots of good addition apps (Cloud Station, Mediawiki, Bit Torrent, etc)
4) Free DNS services from synology
Cons: 1) Some of the addition apps available to install could be documented better, but a few are so not worth removing an egg
2) Its white when all my other network gear is black so it looks a little odd. But it doesn't look bad sitting on my desk.
Other Thoughts: I think its hard to compete with the value that the 213j presents. Not world beating speeds but not bad, especially for the price. Usually around 45-60MB/s transfers. I have two 3TB WD Red drives installed and they formatted without a hitch. I was up and running inside of 45 minutes when I first set it up. The fans are so quiet I never even notice them even though it sits on top of my desk.
The app installs are excellent. I use the Mediawiki package to run my own private wiki site from the NAS to document my hobby projects. I also use a 3rd party package install of the BitTorrent Sync client on the 213j to turn it in to a sweet cloud backup station. Three months in and loving it.
Display Name: Isaac H.
Date Joined: 03/13/11
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.