Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Honeywell MF08CESWW 8,000 Cooling Capacity (BTU) Portable Air Conditioner
Pros: - Efficient, as far as portable units go. Most 8,000 BTU units have higher amperage / electric cost
- Remote Control
- Great at cooling down the room. (I Have central air, but our office room typically stays 10-15 degrees warmer than the rest of the house, making it uncomfortable. Running the Portable unit 5-10 minutes will cool it down again
- Self-evaporating unit, won't need to empty a water tank if you're just using A/C mode. (Will be necessary in de-humidification mode)
Cons: - Window kit is pretty flimsy, three pieces of thin plastic that can screw together, poorly insulated and will likely leave small gaps to the outside if used.
- While its nice to have a remote, note that this unit can ONLY be controlled that way: Other than the power button, there are no controls on the device itself. There is an indentation in the unit housing to store the remote, but if you have small kids that like to run off with any remote control they find that may present a problem.
- Fairly noisy (comparable to a loud fan, just white noise, fairly consistent while running)
Other Thoughts: - Less efficient than a window unit, but that's the case for all portable units
- Couldn't use the included window kit because it was not tall enough to fill the gap in my (horizontal sliding) window. Ended up making my own out of wood & insulation tape, which seals much better.
- While it does need an exhaust for the hot air to the outside (all A/C units do), the portable unit requires a much smaller opening in the window than a comparable window unit would use.
All in all: I like the unit, and would buy again.
This review is from: TOSHIBA Canvio Connect 2TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive HDTC720XR3C1 Red
Pros: - Largest capacity 2.5" external HDD on the market
- USB 3.0
- Bus-powered, no need for external AC power supply
- Small, fits easily in a pocket
Cons: USB cable a bit short (1.5ft)
Other Thoughts: Crystal Disk Mark:
Sequential read speed of 92.25 MB/sec
Sequential write speed of 90.91 MB/sec
This review is from: Nintendo Wii Black System Bundle w/Wii Sports & Wii Sports Resort - Retail
Pros: Great price (black friday sale)
Runs netflix very well
Black casing looks sleek
Cons: Be aware that unlike the original wii, this model is NOT backwards compatible with gamecube games -- it can only play actual wii games.READ FULL REVIEW