Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: 1KW! its big! can run plenty of things. I bought for SLI 780ti's. very quiet and runs cold!
Cons: its heavy, so makes the computer a few pounds heavyer. Not a big deal, but its a note.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: MSI Z97-Gaming 7 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: Visually awesome! They def got the layout of this board down!
I love MSI, when i upgrade from board to board every 6 months of so, i dont have any issues (usually) with just throwing my old components right on the new one.
I think they really do think about the gamers first, this is as fast as you can get now, and for the price its really nice.
The i7 4770K runs very nicely in it, I haven't even needed to overclock it the computer is just seriously is that fast.
Bios are the same as the last gen, makes it easy to use.
SO all in all I like this because of how fast it was to install it and get my games up and running withing a few hours.
Cons: The USB 2.0 and 3.0 drivers are differen! than the last gen! so if you dont have a ps/2 mouse you wont have a keyboard of mouse to use while you install!!!! HOW ANNOYING!
HINT! if you dont like reinstalling windows everytime you install a new mobo, (although you should reinstall each time i hate to and if you stay with the same mobo manufacturer you shouldn't have to). you have to uninstall the intel chipset and install the new drivers from the cd BEFORE you take stuff then when you boot from the new mobo, install the new chipset drivers and then you should be golden! no installing windows from scratch!
I also dont get the pro of having a ps/2 mouse port... like people who love those track balls/??? it just messed me up a little durring install. but thats about it.... thats why i'm dropping it an egg. the drivers were almost impossible to install.... but once the USB drivers were installed it was a sinch...
Other Thoughts: I wish I bought the gaming 9 version. I was going to make it a water cooled comp... but I changed my mind.
Now that the 5890K is out I think im going to sell this and upgrade to the X99 instead. Its more my style.
Pros: Pros are obvious...
1. FASTEST BUILD EVER. within 30 minutes you have a computer up and running. every cable is already routed nicely, and all you need to do is install a CPU, CPU fan, memory, GPU card, and your HDD. ALSO comes with a handy 2x mSATA raid0 adapter. there aren't any extra cables for more than 3 HDD and 1 DVD/BR.
2. MOBO is really nice worth the price! the tools and OC are cool to mess with. and the MSI control panel works reall well.
Cons: 1. LOUD AS HELL! the fans that come with the case are 4Krpm and are loud as hair drier. and even though they are controlled with the "smart MSI controller" they pretty much need to run high all the time because of the heat of a
2. OVERHEATS WITH OC ON! even with 3 4kRPM fans in the case, the "great air flow" doesn't work if you have a large size video card... OOPpss forgot to tell you that.
3. TOO SMALL FOR A LARGE VIDEO CARD! tried to fit in a nVidia 780Ti. Read the install notes and it shows the Videocard without the fan case on it, had to take off the fan case to install it. then they note that if you are using a large video card to use the 2 optional fans on the two sides. These are the noise makers and without them your video card would overheat...so kinda needed.
4. This is the second time I had to purchase the case because the first one i overheated the mother board, because the Smart OC didn't stop the CPU when it was supposed to. But I chocked that up to my fault of not seeing what the "Smart OC" tool actually did. If you have the i7 4700K like i put in this, you really dont need to OC it at all, the CPU/MOBO combo is really fast without it.
5. The second one i bought the internal power supply died within a week!... sure its probably a bad model off the line but all that work and you can't even take out the power supply and send it or replace it yourself. its welded into the case!
Other Thoughts: Other than the pros and cons, I really like MSI and what they do for gamers. This was a good idea that just didn't work out as i hoped. I am currently shopping for another normal ATX larger case with better air flow and a bunch of quieter fans so i don't have to listen to my computer, or hope it doesn't over heat.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.