Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Logitech Z323 30 Watts (RMS) 2.1 Speaker System
Pros: Sounds fine, looks fine, overall working great so far.
Cons: The cables are very short. I had to buy an extension cord for the power, a DB9 extension cable and a 3.5mm extension cable.
I positioned the subwoofer right under the hole in the upper part of the back of my desk (made to feed cables to under the desk). The power cable will not even reach from ground where the sub was to the hole in upper part of desk and back down to the power strip just below the hole.
The subwoofer connects to the right speaker using a DB9 cable; it would not reach up to the hole and over about 3 feet. The left speaker connects with an RCA plug cable, which is the only one that did reach thanks to the left speaker being almost right over the hole. The right speaker connects to the computer with a 3.5mm stereo plug which was a tad too short to reach across half of the desk.
If you want to position the subwoofer on the ground under your desk you will almost definitely need at least a DB9 extension cable; make sure you DO NOT get a "null modem cable" as this crosses over the wires.
Other Thoughts: The speakers are unprotected and are on both the front and the back. This makes it difficult to move them without accidentally grabbing by one of the speaker holes. Be careful moving them around.
If you position the speakers on their side to be under your monitors then the headphone jack will be facing down.
This review is from: NETGEAR AC1750 Dual Band WiFi Gigabit Router R6300-NAS
Pros: Everything seems to work with it so far. No technical complaints yet.
Cons: All my complaints are ergonomic.
1. Giant netgear logo on the front that is lit up by very bright white LEDs; and there is NO way to turn these LEDs off! This is inexcusable
2. It is very large and there are no orientation or mounting options. It has to stand up the way you see it in the picture, period.
3. Puts off a good amount of heat.
4. The admin interface is awkward and confusing. It also blocks all internet access until you initially configure it, but the instructions for initial config did not work on my browser. Had to guess the numeric IP
This review is from: Black & Decker BPC08CJ 8,000 Cooling Capacity (BTU) Portable Air Conditioner
Pros: - Seems to cool fine
- LEDs go off after a short period so it does not light up the room at night
- No leaks so far
Cons: - The fan is fairly loud and it runs continuously when in AC mode; you can't really leave this unit on all the time
- The window setup is a problem if you have a lip on the inside side of the window sill. I had to put foam tape on the bottom to raise it up enough to be able to attach the hose to the windows adapter.
Other Thoughts: - The installation instructions in the manual are pretty vague; make sure you have everything oriented correctly and make a complete dry run before duct taping anything in
- The window adapter does not have any insulation value; you will need to at least seal it up with duct tape, and you will need foam or something to fill in the upper window gap caused by the adapter
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.