Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: ASUS AM1M-A AM1 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Pros: - Spec says microATX but the size is almost close to mini-ITX. Very compact.
- Easy to assemble
- HDMI, DVI, and VGA all together
- 4 USB 2.0 ports + 2 USB 3.0 ports on the back panel
Cons: None so far
Other Thoughts: - Excellent board with quality parts
- Straightforward installation: maybe the same for other AM1 socket boards as well
- GUI BIOS: I do not like it but good for everyday users
- Matched with AMD 5150: quad-core with 25W TDP
- Perfect for upgrades or HTPC
Pros: - Quad-core CPU consuming only 25W!
- Northbridge and southbride included: motherboards become all cheap and compact-sized
- almost no fan noise: comes with a fan, but almost no fan noise at all. Fan rotates around 1.5K rpms for my system
- Compact size: almost like a quarter --- except that it's rectangular.
Cons: - not for high-end gaming: not a good match with high-end gaming video cards demanding full bandwidth of PCI Express x16 specs
Other Thoughts: - Quad-core cpu consuming 25W? Are you kidding?
- New atom processors might be better in terms of pure tech specs: they consume less power. Intel does provide quad-core Atoms. But Atoms become pretty much expensive when you build a system for yourself. The new Atoms are for tablets.
- Very good for upgrading existing systems
- Very good for HTPC
- New heatsink/fan installation okay from my experience. Just different.
- Go ahead and buy it
Pros: No fan --- completely silent. Less power consumption (15W?) than NVidia ones with similar performance. Low profile brackets included. HDMI output.
Cons: Not for you if you are serious with 3d gaming.
Other Thoughts: Put into a custom built pc with a hexacore AMD cpu and16Gb of memory. Runs like a champ. Not much to complain with the rebate.READ FULL REVIEW
Display Name: Jung-woo S.
Date Joined: 02/24/06
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.