Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Fractal Design Define R4 with Window Titanium Grey Silent ATX Mid Tower Case
Pros: I rarely write reviews unless I am very impressed by something. This case falls into that category. It is good because:
1. I do not need a full tower case with 20 5" bays. This case has 2 5" bays. So the profile is neat.
2. The case keeps my desktop quiet. I am running a AMD 990fx board with Phenom X6 1100T, plus 3 HDDs and 1 SSD. After only changing the case, I am amazed by how quiet the system becomes. I mean, I did not know a computer case can make such a big difference. The HDD caddy requires screws, but I am never a fan of the toolless case anyway. BTW, did I say it is quiet?
3. The hard drive cage in the middle can be removed to take exceptionally long video cards.
4. As many people have mentioned, it gives good cable management space at the back of board tray.
5. It keeps dust out nicely. I live in a room with carpet, so those cases with a million vent holes will turn my desktop into a big dust bin.
Cons: Some issues, not exactly cons.
Other Thoughts: The front door assembly is connected with the main control panel. If you want to install a water cooler or new fans, it could be tricky. I accidentally disconnect the fan speed control cable.
The case has no LED light for HDD activity, I have to get one from an old case.
Mounting SSD on the back of board tray is not practical unless you will never touch the SSD again. A bracket is probably a better solution.
This review is from: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heatpipes
Pros: I am very happy with the Cooler master hyper 212 plus cooler. The design is especially fantastic for AMD CPUs. The mounting bracket makes it possible to point the fans in all fours directions. Also, even after I install two Cooler master (push-pull) fans on the cooler, the noise is barely noticeable.
Cons: I do not know any.
Other Thoughts: I am using a good old phenom II 940 with this cooler. The cooler cuts the temperature by 10 degrees (C). If I remove the side panel of the case, the temperature will drop by 5 more degrees (C). Enough is said. This is a top CPU cooler.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Fast, fast, and fast. It is also very stable.
Cons: None that I know.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.