Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - For 189, like new, can't complain, looks new,
- 180 day Nikon Canada Warranty card in the box (doubled with my amex)
- Does everything i want pretty much
- Has more features than my Canon T2i
- Although this can be used as a point and shoot, don<t fool yourself. There is a mind-boggling number of "pro" settings including fully manual focusing and zooming during video
- Second zoom control on side of lens (cane be assigned as manual focus)
- EVF very useful even if lo res, this is a deal breaker, i first bought one without viewfinder - i am just too used to a viewfinder, cannot live without it
- Some reviews like the 510 better than the newer 520
Cons: Some reviews mention apertrue range is limited to f8, and max apert. is 3 - 5 vs 2.8 all the way on pana. At full price, I would have to carefully compare the 2, but at this price, there is no need, altough obviously long depth of field will be challenging in some situations, but
Other Thoughts: - Great package for serious zooming, i can zip up my coat and it doesn<t even bulge. Sick of carrying around dslr and 3 lenses - this is the answer and then some. This whole camera is 100 cheaper than my cheap canon 70-300mm, but the image quality is better on the nikon i think...READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: LG HBM-585 Bluetooth Headset
Pros: lightweight, seems to have decent sound
earpiece enters ear a bit
Cons: - fragile plastic clip hold ear clip to headset
- if you have a big ear should be fine, if not expect it to fall off, top of ear clip can be higher than top of your ear, so it can easily slide over top of ear
- seems to beep often when on a call, phone right next to it, not sure why
Other Thoughts: LG does not have any other ear clip available. Would not buy againREAD FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Cuisinart DBM-8 Stainless Steel Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
Pros: Nice finish, good build quality, price reasonable. Feeding and timer work well, top container holds a lot of beans. Not messy. Really convenient for daily grind of small quantity, 4 cups setting produces enough for 1-2 espressos at the push of a button (20 seconds)
Cons: - WARNING: Out of the box, this DOES NOT produce fine enough grind for espresso at the finest setting, in fact nowhere near. The finest setting grinds do NOT produce enough flavor at all for an espresso machine.
IT needs a mechanical MOD as described below which will produce superfine espresso grinds (=flavor) at the COARSEST setting. After mod you can no longer make anything but (real fine) espresso grind because the spacer I add under the burr plate, altho super thin, means that you can barely screw the top down to the coarsest setting, which is required to click the safety switch, without risking that the burr plates touch, which will produce a very unpleasant sound of metal on metal.
You must visually adjust the burr plates and make sure the spacer washer is as thin as possible.
- Not a conical burr mill
Other Thoughts: MOD FOR ESPRESSO:
Unscrew the top container & see the top burr plate screw ed into bottom of the cylinder. goal is to add a bit of thickness under plate so you can get a finer grind.
Unscrew the plate slowly so you don't mess up the plastic threads. Then use a spacer washer, very thin metal that was luckily exactly the diam as the burr plate, at home depot. I only needed 1. drill 3 holes in it to match the screw holes, and screw the burr plate over it using 5/8" #4 screws which are a little fatter. Be careful if you use those screws as you don't want to crack the plastic they screw into, but screw firmly so the plate is as far in as poss. and the screw heads are recessed - its crazy how much a 1/32 washer can change things.
now the burr plates R almost touching on the coarsest setting, as viewed through the grind exit. Voilà. Fine as powder.
note: Coarsest setting = 1st or 2nd clik, BUT plates must NOT touch. Bottom plate will rotate with top plate if plates are touching!
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.