Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7TE500BW
Pros: Works great while it lasted. Software was useless to me. Price was in a good range.
Cons: Failed after 5 months of use. Good thing was it didn't completely fail. It would work for about 2 minutes before it cause a blue screen. Enough time for me to back up my data...rinse and repeat. this is the second Samsung SSD drive that had failed on me.
Other Thoughts: The only thing Samsung got me on is the $$ per GB for their SSD lineups, but so far it is proving to be more of a headache than it's worth.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: IN WIN 904.PLUS Black 2mm / 4mm Aluminum Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Pros: I was very excited about this case. I bought all my components around the spec of this case so yes I did my homework and yes I am a professional so don't expect me to be lenient when rating.
This case has one thing going for it: Looks. It's simple and sleek.
But here are some more pros:
- Easy to assemble and disassemble. In Win provides sufficient tools to get you started, everything is well labeled. Manual could have been a bit more technical.
- 4 USB 3.0 ports.
- Nice light-up front logo.
- Aluminum and tempered glass. Again... looks terrific.
- Plenty room on the side for cable management. With the glass on either sides pretty much allows people to see through, you should try to manage your cable to maintain a clean look.
Cons: My unit was shipped with a defective swappable bay. Another one started to fail causing my SSD RAID configuration to fail. Luckily I back up my data regularly. Return cost for this unit is pricey due to how heavy it is. Newegg does not cover return shipping cost for regular customers if you were just wondering. However, I will give In Win the benefit of the doubt so I will not take points away for the defect that cost me my data.
Now on to my short list of cons:
- Heavy. As stated above. Approximately 35 lbs alone.
- Optical bay is hard to reach/ hard to plug in. There is only one, so you can scrap any plans you had that require optical bays.
- Provides extremely poor airflow. Don't trust their ads. Look at the reviews. This thing heats up fast. If you are planning on air-cooling, save yourself the trouble and get another case.
- Insufficient space for air-cooler. Once again this case was obviously not design for air-cooling. Forget that "Excellent airflow design" mumbo jumbo. Here's a tip for all you air-coolers people: You will need a low profile cooler! I have personally tried the Noctua NH-C12P SE14 and it works fine. However, in the long run no air-cooling is going to stand up to the heat that this thing builds up. Just remember to look at the dimensions carefully if you do plan to air-cool!
- Water mounting is on the exterior and in the back. This is extremely distasteful and causes a lot of problems. Due to the design of having a quick removable back panel, once you install your water-cooling radiator onto the back panel as shown in the instruction, you will not be able to remove the panel. That means plugging and unplugging your cables from the back will be a hassle.
- Price. For a premium price, I expected a premium product.
- Power button. The placement of this button is near a thumb screw which makes it hard to actually press on it without having to wrap your finger around, and no the button itself does not light up. A separate tiny power led will indicate it is on once it is already on.
- Insufficient room for medium to large size power supply. Most likely you will run into problem installing your power supply if you did not take note of the dimensions.
-Insufficient room for motherboard cables. This could very well be the design on my motherboard. This case did not allow much room to wiggle the cable around to the rear. It really pinch the cables in place due to the placement of the swappable bays and how short this case is.
Other Thoughts: The only reason why I chose this case is because it doesn't look like a freak-show. It looks professional. That and because it provides a good resting stand for my leg due to the fact that there are no buttons on top or on the front to accidentally push on.
I personally have gone with a separate cooling unit and it works great and can now bear with it a little longer. However, I still think it was a waste of money as this case did not live up to my expectation. It requires planning and just isn't worth it the money. My suggestion for In Win is build it longer and wider! Maybe even put a fan in the front for people who prefer air-cooling. I'm sure you can find a way to implement this.
As an end note I will say this. In Win has got the design portion down. Now if only they can get their heads together and make their product useful and serves the purpose.
This review is from: ZALMAN CNPS12X 120 mm Long Life Bearing High Performance Triple Fan CPU Cooler
Pros: Looks nice, runs quiet. provide a little more than sufficient cooling. Cool LED
Cons: Too Low and High! Just way too big! Had to buy a new case for it and had to sacrifice RAM to make room for it since it was too low and took away the last RAM even if RAMs are low profile!
Didn't last long. It's been half a year now and this unit is slowly turning and hitting other components on the motherboard. I expected longer life than a year from Zalman! Dissapointed.
Other Thoughts: Not worth the price or the hassle. Bad purchase.READ FULL REVIEW