Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: NEC Display MultiSync EA234WMi-BK Black 23” Widescreen IPS Panel, LED Backlight LCD Monitor 6ms 250cd/m2, DisplayPort, USB hub, Height Adjust, Pivot, Tilt & Swivel, Speakers, 3 Year Warranty
Pros: - Picture quality is excellent
- Very light, great for use with a monitor arm
- Included monitor stand is superb; easy to adjust and sturdy
- Two VESA mounting positions (high and low)
- Tons of inputs and a 4-port USB hub
- Great menu interface
- Runs very cool; Heat is hardly noticable next to my old LCD display which doubles a hand warmer.
Cons: - DisplayPort glitch causes the monitor to wake up very frequently (every 2 to 15 minutes) at random when in sleep mode and connected via DisplayPort (AMD and NEC have not been able to resolve this problem); Workaround is to connect via any other source.
- My HDMI port is a little loose and falls out easily if cable is not secured.
- Monitor device disappears from system when turned off and connected via DisplayPort, and reappears when turned back on.
- DisplayPort cable not included; just HDMI and VGA
- Left edge USB ports not ideal when positioned on the right in a dual monitor configuration.
Other Thoughts: - USB ports turn off when the monitor is turned off; This is nice if you don't connected storage or other always-on devices to it (e.g. mice, keyboards).
- Touch controls are easy to bump when adjusting the display on a monitor arm.
- Barring the DisplayPort issue, I really love the display, but I wouldn't vote for this if you're committed to using it for the DisplayPort connection.
- Disappointed in NEC's attention to this issue. I have reached out to them about this and they have left it up to me to diagnose my problem. While I have expert-level knowledge of computers, I don't have the time or ability to diagnose electrical/driver type problems that are this minute.
This review is from: ENERMAX UC-8EB 80mm Case Fan
Pros: I found these to be silent; you have to look at them to make sure they're spinning. They're decently reliable, and they install/screw-tap easily. Airflow is also pretty good considering their silent operation.
Cons: I've had one of these become unbalanced after about 21,000 hours of operation (24/7 for at least 870 days). The second, installed at the same time is still running smooth. The cleanable aspect is a little nerve wracking; the blades do detach straight out but with a lot of force (tried it on the unbalanced one). I never cleaned mine, but I'd be worried about bending the unit while attempting to do so.
Other Thoughts: I bought four of these from a different shop, who has since stopped carrying them, and installed two as hard drive coolers in a home server, so they've been running 24/7 since the start of October 2012. I just replaced the one with two spares and will see if I get another 20K hours out of the spare.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: GTMax 2 Port USB Car Charger Vehicle Power Adapter - Black (2000mA)
Pros: Charges at two voltages, making it useful for keeping phones charged while in the car while it's giving directions or running power-hungry apps. Also, dirt cheap.
Cons: The spring-action tip is not well connected an I often have to move it around to keep it from turning off randomly, making this kinda dangerous to use in a car while driving. Not good to be frequently looking down to check if the red light is still glowing. Why are we selling dirt cheap stuff that breaks in a year that will only fill up landfills?
Other Thoughts: It doesn't come apart with screws, so I can't just open this up and enhance the wire contacts without possibly breaking the whole thing.READ FULL REVIEW