Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: NEC Display MultiSync EA234WMi-BK Black 23” Widescreen IPS Panel, LED Backlight LCD Monitor 6ms 250cd/m2, DisplayPort, USB hub, Height Adjust, Pivot, Tilt & Swivel, Speakers, 3 Year Warranty
Pros: - Picture quality is excellent
- Very light, great for use with a monitor arm
- Included monitor stand is superb; easy to adjust and sturdy
- Two VESA mounting positions (high and low)
- Tons of inputs and a 4-port USB hub
- Great menu interface
- Runs very cool; Heat is hardly noticable next to my old LCD display which doubles a hand warmer.
Cons: - DisplayPort glitch causes the monitor to wake up very frequently (every 2 to 15 minutes) at random when in sleep mode and connected via DisplayPort (AMD and NEC have not been able to resolve this problem); Workaround is to connect via any other source.
- My HDMI port is a little loose and falls out easily if cable is not secured.
- Monitor device disappears from system when turned off and connected via DisplayPort, and reappears when turned back on.
- DisplayPort cable not included; just HDMI and VGA
- Left edge USB ports not ideal when positioned on the right in a dual monitor configuration.
Other Thoughts: - USB ports turn off when the monitor is turned off; This is nice if you don't connected storage or other always-on devices to it (e.g. mice, keyboards).
- Touch controls are easy to bump when adjusting the display on a monitor arm.
- Barring the DisplayPort issue, I really love the display, but I wouldn't vote for this if you're committed to using it for the DisplayPort connection.
- Disappointed in NEC's attention to this issue. I have reached out to them about this and they have left it up to me to diagnose my problem. While I have expert-level knowledge of computers, I don't have the time or ability to diagnose electrical/driver type problems that are this minute.
This review is from: ENERMAX UC-8EB 80mm Case Fan
Pros: I found these to be silent; you have to look at them to make sure they're spinning. They're decently reliable, and they install/screw-tap easily. Airflow is also pretty good considering their silent operation.
Cons: I've had one of these become unbalanced after about 21,000 hours of operation (24/7 for at least 870 days). The second, installed at the same time is still running smooth. The cleanable aspect is a little nerve wracking; the blades do detach straight out but with a lot of force (tried it on the unbalanced one). I never cleaned mine, but I'd be worried about bending the unit while attempting to do so.
Other Thoughts: I bought four of these from a different shop, who has since stopped carrying them, and installed two as hard drive coolers in a home server, so they've been running 24/7 since the start of October 2012. I just replaced the one with two spares and will see if I get another 20K hours out of the spare.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: GTMax 2 Port USB Car Charger Vehicle Power Adapter - Black (2000mA)
Pros: Charges at two voltages, making it useful for keeping phones charged while in the car while it's giving directions or running power-hungry apps. Also, dirt cheap.
Cons: The spring-action tip is not well connected an I often have to move it around to keep it from turning off randomly, making this kinda dangerous to use in a car while driving. Not good to be frequently looking down to check if the red light is still glowing. Why are we selling dirt cheap stuff that breaks in a year that will only fill up landfills?
Other Thoughts: It doesn't come apart with screws, so I can't just open this up and enhance the wire contacts without possibly breaking the whole thing.READ FULL REVIEW