Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Razer Spectre StarCraft II Heart of The Swarm Gaming Mouse
Pros: comfortable, light and smooth motion.
Cons: a week after warranty ended it developed a stutter where the mouse would move in one direction on it's own. When you move the mouse it would add to that motion making it very frustrating to use. My Razer keyboard also failed a month out of warranty. These are cheap components.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: nice to type on. Keys respond well when typing fast. Excellent tactile response
Cons: one of the keys failed at 13 months (out of warranty). E key would randomly insert multiple E's when pressed
Other Thoughts: It is possible to make a keyboard last longer than a year. Look at the IBM keyboards. You are not getting a well made keyboard here. I attempted a repair and the copper traces on the board were very flimsy - very difficult to solder. CHEAP.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Pioneer VSX-1023-K 7.1-Channel 4K Ready AV Receiver
Pros: A lot of features and a lower price. It has not failed on my like other posters have experienced and I've had it for about 7 months now. It does sound OK. There is something to be desired from the sound but I think it could be fixed with manual adjustments.
Cons: Too many things do not work as advertised.
1. On screen menu only works with HDMI and can be hard to get it to even output HDMI. Gives some off the wall message "Can't Select"
2. The app is not robust. You cannot control zone 2 with the remote app for the phone. The one thing you need to control over the network you can't control. Go figure. The app does not connect reliably requiring the app to be force quit and restarted to realized that the WiFi is not connected. It also does not allow changing speakers in play or many other features
3. When playing for longer durations will shut off randomly after like an hour. May have been a problem with just my unit or some quirk with the sleep function. Does not happen often but really annoying in a movie.
4. You cannot output digital sources to zone 2. No Pandora, net radio etc. The only way to do this is to play the same source on both zones but in order to do that you have to physically rewire the speakers to separate connectors!
5. No 5.1 channel inputs. I know these are on the way out however Sony in their latest ploy to frustrate customers only allow SACD output over analog as if there were enough people interested in SACD to want to pirate it. Now those foolish enough to have patronized the technology are rewarded with frustration for the sake of greed.
6. The firmware download is only available in USB format which is the pain. The web access is much easier however the file download is in the wrong format on the website so the web interface will not accept it forcing you to use the USB which requires HDMI output. The web portal seems an afterthought as well. So much functionality could be included here that it really is a shame.
Losing count of the numbers here but the front panel is really hard to see in low light. Horrible layout of the buttons. You need bright lights to see the tiny print and the buttons are all in a row so you often press the wrong button. Remote is also not layed out well for finding the right button in the dark.
The manual is also badly written and has wrong information in several sections. Mine actually said it will not output the menus via HDMI when the reverse is true. This was updated later in the web version.
Overall there were too many things which did not work like all the advertising claimed. It's worth the extra money to get a receiver that lives up to the claims of the advertising or at least does not claim what it does not deliver well. I plan to steer clear in the future.
Other Thoughts: Under $300 I say it might be worth it if your expectations are not too high. $530? Forget about it. Spend your hard earned dollars elsewhere.READ FULL REVIEW
Display Name: Tim S.
Date Joined: 08/15/06
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.