Showing Results: Most Recent
Cons: Buzzing fans
Other Thoughts: TO FIX BUZZING FANS: This card may have one of two problems: a coil whine in the fan, which is harder fix, and the buzzing sound, which is easy to fix.
Using a screwdriver, remove all 3 fans and place a bit of folded electrical tape between the plastic/metal holding the fans and the heatsink itself.
I had this problem on the GTX660 Gigabyte, the plastic would rattle against the metal heatsink when the fan spun faster. I folded a small square twice and put it in between, reattached the fans and problem solved.
Pros: - 30 cm away you don't even know it exists
- Blows air in a cone, not toward the sides, you can feel this with your hand, this can be great or bad depending on your needs. I need it to blow in a cone.
- Hydro-dynamic, apparently that's pretty magical as far as fans are concerned
- Attached to a motherboard with fan controls set to silent, it still blows hard enough to cool you on a hot summer day
- Rubber screw holes to remove any vibration with the case
- Comes with screws, "rubber" screws, whichever you prefer, and additional connectors for slower speed (which I don't think anyone will ever use, since it's so silent), and connector adapter for direct-to power supply attachment.
- Nice packaging with lots of stuff explained on it, if you're into that sort of thing.
- Got it for 13$+ ship on rebate, totally worth it. You can pay 30$+ for an equivalent Noctua and you will gain nothing extra, I know since I have both brands. Noctua is overpriced for no reason.
Cons: - I don't even have that problem people say where you put it horizontally and it makes noise. I put it horizontally and it makes no noise. Can't find anything to complain about
Other Thoughts: Unless you get a faulty model, you won't be disappointingREAD FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Silverstone FF143B 140mm Ultra Fine Fan Filter with Magnet (Black)
Pros: You take it out of its envelope.
You throw it at a hole in your case.
Dust stops coming in.
Cons: It's always there, looking at you, judging how unclean your room is.
Other Thoughts: Not a con, but it may be a little bent depending on how its handled by the post. Just bend it back into its square shape and stick it on your computer, it will come back into its normal shape.
Magnet takes a few seconds to start working, once it does it stays there. Weird, but I don't care, since end result is good.
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.