Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: TP-LINK TL-SF1005D 10/100Mbps 5-Port Unmanaged Desktop Switch, Power-Saving
Pros: -Cheapest switch on Newegg
-Looks great. The design is reminiscent of an Apple product.
-100% Plug and Play. No setup required.
-Feels very solid
-It works exactly as advertised.
-2 year warranty
Cons: -Does not come with any network cables.
-Socket for power adapter is on the side instead of the back.
-In some situations, the power adapter will create a very high pitched noise that synchronizes perfectly with the LED indicators on the switch itself. If this happens, try moving the power adapter to a different socket, the one closest to the power strip's cord if you're using one.
Other Thoughts: Between the price, aesthetics, and warranty, there is no reason not to buy this!READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: MASSCOOL BLD-09025S1M 92mm Blue LED Case Fan
Pros: - The LEDs are a beautiful color. A nice, deep, dark blue.
- Most of the cable has nice black braiding and heatshrink.
- Has both 3 pin motherboard connecter as well as a molex connector. (Although this might be a con for some.)
- Moves a decent amount of air.
- Isn't too loud most of the time.
- Fairly cheap.
Cons: - OH GOSH THE CLICKING. Whenever this fan spins up from a stand still to 100% power, it makes an horrible grating/clicking noise for a few seconds. Thankfully for me this only happens when I first boot and the BIOS is loading. But when it does happen, I cringe so hard. For other people, this might happen more or less often, depending on the fan control settings.
- Visually, it looks very cheap. The plastic is water clear, not frosted, which give it a very flimsy look, showing every single scratch and surface imperfection . The fact that it isn't frosted also means that the LEDs don't diffuse through the plastic, they just shine though onto the things around the fan. The sticker on the motor doesn't look like the one in the pictures either, it is actually this weird tan color, adding to the cheap look.
- The solder joints attaching the LEDs feel very flimsy, with nothing supporting them. I'm surprised they didn't break in shipping, and I'm worried one of them might break in every day use.
- The braiding/heatshrink didn't begin until a few centimeters after the fan or connector, leaving a little bit of exposed wiring.
Other Thoughts: - Overall, it's okay. But it could be a lot better.
- The clicking/grating noise that occasionally happens makes me worried that the fan might fail soon.
- If you don't actually care about the LEDs there are much better fans out there.
Pros: - I bought two, and they both worked perfectly. No errors.
- Easy to install.
- Cheaper than dirt.
- Everything is black. The cable, the connector, the clip. It looks completely clean and stealthy.
- Connector angles the correct way. (Down, not up.)
- Perfect amount of stiffness. Flexible, but not floppy.
- Retention clip feels fine.
- Pretty solid, will probably last for a while.
- 24 inches is more than enough for most cases. You should measure to be sure you even need something this long, you might be better off getting a shorter one.
Cons: - The cables themselves have specs printed on the side slightly taking away from the stealthy all black look. However, the print is very small and in dark grey ink, hardly noticeable at all. Definitely not worth removing an egg over.
Other Thoughts: Why haven't you bought this yet? It's almost perfect.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.