Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: XMP profiles worked as promised on my GA-X58A-UD7 and according to Gigabyte should run 12GB (6 x 2GB) without issue at 1600.
Cons: None so far, maybe the i7 logo if you bought these and put them in an AMD system, hopefully people will buy a dual channel kit for that.
Other Thoughts: Cannot wait to get another set and test out 12GB, 6GB is a nice step up from the 4GB I had on my old AMD system, I can actually run a VM and give it a decent amount of ram to work with.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: * The board looks awsome.
* Neweggs RMA process is great
* 24 phase power, although I doubt it offers much over the previous models 12 phase
* USB 3.0 will come in handy as devices become more common
* I guess SATA 3.0 although at this point doesn't offer any advantage especially on mechanical drives.
* 2 x CMOS reset buttons one internal and one external
* Seemed stable using the XMP profile 1 for 1600 on my OCZ XMP (3x2GB) Ram kit, tried Windows 7 64-Bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-Bit, and OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (No kernel panics with retail vanilla install)
* Gigabyte phone support was like a 3 minute wait time at 7PM EST, pretty good if you ask me.
Cons: * Marvell SATA III controller would not do RAID 0/1 single drives were fine, but when Windows 7 installer would reboot the first time after copying files it wouldn't boot stating "A Disk Read Error Had Occured, Press CTRL-ALT-DELETE to restart", upon doing the CAD the computer would post and if you hit delete to enter the bios the computer would spontaneously reboot.
* The retail packaging is a joke, the tray the motherboard sits it was broken when I received it
* Only supports CPU fan throttling, case fans are full blast off the motherboard fan headers.
* Both 1x PCIe slots are blocked if optional heatsink is used.
* If you do not use the optional heatsink the usable 1x PCIe slot is almost too close to the waterblock, my Creative X-Fi solder connections almost touch the waterblock (< .5 mm clearance, yeah scary close) be sure to check your card and trim the leads on any solder connections that may short to the waterblock.
* High pitch noise when computer is posting.
Other Thoughts: Overall a decent board, I just hope my replacement will be fully functional, Newegg went above and beyond on the RMA. I think some of my cons were directly due to the retail packaging and the fact it was in the bottom of the shipping box with no peanuts underneath it.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.