Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Cons: Lots of work to get working
Other Thoughts: From LbaB Sheer's guide, adapted for Windows 8 64,
1) Download and install drivers from here: [http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows#support]
2) Navigate to [C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository] (or your WINDIR equivalent)
3) Locate folder that starts with xusb21.inf_... (the file type should be "Setup Information"). If there are more than one, choose the one that was created most recently
4) Copy that folder to your desktop (can't edit it where it is apparently)
5) Open the inf file in notepad. Press ctrl+h (search & replace). For the "Find What" field, enter "0719". For the "Replace with" field, enter "0291". Save and close.
-----for win 8 64-----------
Win-I to get settings page
select "Change PC Settings" at bottom
Select "Restart Now" in "Advanced Settings"
Hit "7" to restart without digital certificate checking
when restarts, continue with modified driver installation
6) Right click on my computer (desktop, start menu, wherever) and click "Manage"
7) In the new window on the list at the left, click Device Manager.
8) There should be an "Other Devices" section with "Unknown Device" listed, you can try the following procedure on all of them to find the right one.
9) Right click and select "Update Driver Software"
10) Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
11) Browse to the folder on your desktop with the modified inf file in it.
12) Click next and accept whatever popups follow, it's okay to install the driver even though windows might warn you