Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: SilenX EFX-09-15 92mm Effizio Quiet Case Fan
Pros: Quietest cheap 92mm fan I've owned. No LEDs so the color isn't glaringly overwhelming.
Cons: This is a good exhaust fan, but I wouldn't use it as an intake fan. It seems to fling air outward to the sides as much as it blows air out directly. Which is fine when you want to exhaust air and don't care where it goes. But if you want to blow air into your case and onto a component, this is probably not the fan for you.
Other Thoughts: I'm cheap - I've never bought a high-end fan. So I can't compare this to such fans.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - No pushpins! My un-bruised thumbs thank them.
- Not too big. If your case has space to fit a standard ATX PSU perpendicular to the motherboard, you should have space for this cooler.
- The sides are flat, without sharp edges, so it's easy to hold the heat sink when inserting it.
- Cool. My Q9400 is at least 10-12C cooler than stock. 40C @ Prime95 load. Note that it sits close to the rear exhaust fan, so it's almost in a push-pull configuration.
Cons: Nuts. The nuts to tighten the cooler to the backplate assembly aren't designed for tools. And it can be really hard to get fingers in those tight spaces to tighten them.
Other Thoughts: This is my first non-stock cooler. I should have done this years ago!READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Rosewill RC-215 VIA PCI SATA 1.5G x2 / ATA 133 (IDE) x1 Controller Card
Pros: Good hardware, good price. Better on sale!
Cons: The manual is rather confusing:
- The Tab key does not get you into the RAID BIOS. Follow the on-screen instructions instead, which you'll only see when a drive is attached.
- In Driver Installation, "For A New Installation" means a new installation of Windows, not a new RAID.
Also, my HDD light doesn't flash when this card's drive is in use. (I'm still using my motherboard PATA, which might have something to do with this.)
Other Thoughts: I needed SATA, not a RAID, so I haven't used those features.
I bought this when it went on sale suddenly, but failed to notice it doesn't come with a SATA cable. Probably still worth it.
Display Name: Kenneth B.
Date Joined: 12/09/07
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.