Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Fast RAID 5, over 70MB/s with 4 drives + 1 spare.
Cons: - Would of liked at least 1 fan out cable.
- Buzzer is ungodly loud. It is deafeningly loud. It went off when I was testing to make sure it would auto rebuild onto the spare drive, and my ears rang for over an hour for just 5 min of the buzzer.
Other Thoughts: Most desktop motherboards have their x16/x8 slots setup for GPU's. Some of these boards don't support RAID cards. Ask your manufacturer first before you blame the card. I asked EVGA first and they told me to make sure it wasn't in the first x16 slot, so I put it in slot 2. Works great.
The card is made for server systems, and needs constant airflow.
I went with RAID 5 over RAID 6 because of speed. It went from ~70MB/s to ~45MB/s. I will try again if the update the firmware.
This review is from: AMS DS-3151SSBK Aluminum 3.5" Black SATA SATA SATA Backplane Module
Pros: - Nice sleds
- Keeps the drives cool
- Fan on low is very quiet, and move enough air to cool 4 1 TB drives.
- Temp+Fan monitor.
Cons: - No documentation.
- Has a ton of rear pinouts, that aren't documented.
- Latches are plastic.
- On off buttons get jammed some times.
- Lock can be bypassed with almost anything.
Other Thoughts: If you get a drive that will not turn on, pull all the drives out, and check the back pcb switches. The front panel on/off buttons are just plastic rods that hit buttons on the rear pcb. They get jammed sometimes. Just use pick, or anything long and pointed to push the button down so it clicks.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Tripp Lite SRW9U 9U SmartRack Wall Mount Rack Enclosure Cabinet
Pros: - Rock Solid
- Very well build.
- Mesh everywhere for airflow.
- Locking removable side panels.
Cons: - Locks are flimsy
Other Thoughts: I mounted it to the wall with some nice stainless screws into a tap-conned panel. Held me at 230LB plus 50+LB of equipment.READ FULL REVIEW
Display Name: Matthew F.
Date Joined: 10/26/07
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.