Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Looks okay
- Screwless and quick to attach to case.
Cons: - Moves little to no air
- I'd be shocked if it was breaking 20 CFM
Other Thoughts: - Not worth the hassle of returning, got it 30 or 40% off.
- I tried both adapters, and multiple configurations. This thing simply moves no air. It may actually be restricting airflow at this point as the positive case pressure would push more air out of the vent with no fan assisting.
Pros: - Easy to open, drive drops right in
Cons: - Tried dropping 50gb of pictures onto the drive and it kept randomly losing connection after 15-20gb, then I dropped the files in batches of 5gb (x10) it worked fine, this is on windows 10
Other Thoughts: - I've had zero issues with the drive going to sleep and not waking up (windows 10)
- The 1 star review b/c the guy couldn't open it .... lol
- The top plate is metal, the sides are all plastic, the back where the case opens is plastic
- "non-standard usb 3.0 cable" review, lol. Apparently the guy never saw a usb 3.0 cable before and thinks the extra part for power is "non-standard".
- Like most chinese companies, I doubt Orico even manufacturers this thing. It's most likely rebranded, so I wouldn't expect a lot of tech support.
- Not going to bother finding out, but the sata-usb controller on this thing is probably complete garbage (the cheapest mass produced thing they make in china), you're not buying quality here - so expecting your ssd to hit 500mb/s is idiotic.
This review is from: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan
Pros: I own three of these coolers for my two main PC's and my HTPC (use it overclocked from time to time as a MAME machine).
They work far better than stock coolers and can be had for $20 after rebate or on sale.
My buddy with little tech knowledge was able to install one as well, so they're not overly difficult to install.
Cons: The fans are shoddy and die after a few years. Maybe it's just the way they're constructed that they have a short life but I replaced two so far with cougar fans.
The fans also cost $10 to replace (half the cost of brand new).