Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: ASRock H61M-DGS LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: excellent oem replacement board for hp computer mobo failure
Cons: none so far
Other Thoughts: 1. this replaced a failed 2008 hp pc mobo failure
2. this board fits in oem case
3. the power headers/connectors are same place as oem board even pin placement is same on case headers
4. pc failed in 2011 was bought in 08, sat collecting dust until upgraded late 2013
even though had to buy new cpu/ram this was a quick cheap upgrade on a failed hp mobo using same case, power supply
*using original vista os 32 bit
*same stock/oem hdd
*upgraded Intel Celeron G1610 Ivy Bridge 2.6GHz
*upgraded G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR 1600
its no rocket however runs much better and faster then what was in it previously
This review is from: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: 1. still works bought 11/2012
2. uefi bios is excellent/nice
3. board has been stable in no raid config. running 24/7 only restarting for windows updates for 6 months now as a file server
Cons: 1. running windows 7, other hdd's in raid, pc simply will not stay/go into hibernated/sleep
2. if pc does happen to sleep/hibernate this mobo goes absolutely nuts, will go into power cycle boot loop, where raided drives will constantly spin up spin down- only way to recover this is power supply reset, BAD!!!!!!!
3. board has 2 different chips for sata which i have learned the hard way is very very bad
Other Thoughts: if you plan running on board raid stay away from this board
new build core i5, 8gigs ram, windows 7
This review is from: NETGEAR 5 Port Gigabit High Performance Desktop Switch (GS605)
Pros: 1.still works? although max lan speed is 6mbps
2. will no longer buy netgear!
Cons: 1. since buying this thing in 06 always had issues with pc's staying or connecting @ 1g speeds
2. in 2012 does not hold 10mbps network
3. replaced in 2013 with another t@-^ink NO issues with connections staying @ 1gps
4. have had issues with all netgear products purchased
5. will no longer buy netgear!
Other Thoughts: stay away from netgear imo. to many better options out there.
this thing does get very warm