Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Patriot SLATE 3.0 32GB USB Flash Drive Model PSF32GLSS3USB
Pros: Price. Works as a storage device.
Cons: Just barely faster than any of my USB 2.0 drives. I can live with that. Heres what ruined it for me:
I bought 2 of these for Live OS drives. I can install any OS I want on them but booting to them WILL NOT WORK. As soon as the BIOS goes to start, the computer freezes. I have tried all of the 3.0 and 2.0 ports on a Lenovo e420, HP 4440s, Dell D630, and my gaming rig (MSI-Z87-GD65). Not one BIOS will load with this thing plugged in.
Other Thoughts: It's too cheap to return so I guess I will use them for storage.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: The drive is fast and cheap. The SATA 6Gbps and 7200 rpm work as advertised.
Cons: Their support. I bought 2 of these for a storage RAID and one failed after 10 months. It happens. It's under a 3 year warranty. I'll just RMA it. No big deal. I go to file for a return and they will NOT accept the claim unless I pony up $108.00 more for them to hold while they test the drive. Not to mention I will need to pay for the shipping costs. I ask the support specialist "What if I don't have an extra hundred dollars for you to hold?" She replied with "We cannot accept your return without it". This is absolutely appalling. Also their website has next to zero online support for troubleshooting these drives.
Other Thoughts: I will NEVER buy anything made by Toshiba again.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: NETGEAR ReadyNAS 102 (RN10200-100NAS) Diskless System Network Storage
Pros: Hardware: Very solid and well built. It's a little desk tank.
Software: Its pretty. Very simple to use. App add-ons available.
Performance: Good transfer speeds.
Cons: Hardware: None.
Software: While it is easy on the eyes, it lacks a lot of features I would have liked to have.
1. Numbered files are not listed sequentially. 1, 11, 100 instead of 1, 2, 3 etc. Very annoying.
2. Compared to other ReadyNAS units, there are not may apps available.
3. Performance monitor only shows the temperatures of the CPU and HD's and the RPM's of the fan. The fan is not adjustable and NO network or file transfer monitor. There is currently no add-on for this either.
4. Editing file names in the browser is easy but slow. You need to click on each of the files. Doing this in Windows Explorer is much faster but Most of the time, it says the file is in use and you cannot change the name so you are pretty much forced to do it in the browser.
5. Netgear Genie Marketplace does not work at or load at all. I assume because the marketplace has zero compatible apps for this model.
Performance: No performance cons. Seems to run very solid.
Other Thoughts: If you want a budget NAS and don't care to monitor it, this can be a decent unit. Easy setup and it works. All of my complaints are due to personal preference. Seems like the 10200 is the forgotten about stepchild. Maybe I ask too much of a cheaper unit.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.