Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: LINKSKEY LKU-S04ASK 4-port Slim Palmtop USB Audio & Mic KVM Switch w/ Cables
Pros: Video switching works.
Cons: The USB ports only work intermittently, and never during POST of the host PC, so I need a USB port for KVM power, but still a USB switch to actually use USB.
If running Linux, the USB port being dodgy can be seen through dmesg.
Other Thoughts: You'd think they would apply some QA before selling such items. It will be my last Linkskey, that's for sure.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: ADATA DashDrive UV128 64GB Flash Drive Model AUV128-64G-RBE
Pros: - Costs no or little more than USB 2.0 sticks, rather than $1 per GB, or higher, for some of the faster USB 3.0 thumb drives.
- Performs faster than USB 2.0 thumb drives.
- Competitive with other thumb drives of similar cost, blowing several of them away in random IOPS, even at about 0.5MB/s for 4K.
- Secure locking mechanism, like a certain thumb drive series that costs about double what this does.
- No cap to lose, and no exposed connector to break
- Bright colors are hard to miss.
Cons: - Some USB 3.0 drives perform faster as USB 2.0 - though none near this one's cost.
- Up to 90MB/s read? In what universe? Sequential read tests can't even get to 40MB/s, with a 64GB.
- 4K writes are slower than any HDD, and most SD cards. My phone's MicroSDXC gets over double the 4K performance - at double the cost, and half the sequential performance. Still, better than many other USB thumb drives.
Other Thoughts: Good for the money, but don't think you're getting a steal, compared to a HyperX or Extreme USB 3.0.READ FULL REVIEW
Cons: Loud. The fan, even at idle, makes a scratchy/buzzy noise that can be heard across the room
The flat cables are difficult to route, and difficult to rotate
Other Thoughts: Based on reviews, the fan doesn't even kick up to 500RPM until there is a hefty load on it, but it is much louder than my last several PSUs, all of which have been either S12, S12II, or rebranded S12II platform PSUs. For the cost, I expected much better noise characteristics, and not to have a nightmare of cable routing..READ FULL REVIEW