Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: It came in a nice, easy to open box... Which was also easy to repackage and take back.
Cons: Where do I begin...
1. Well, for starters, this card didn't work out of the box. Not even with the windows default drivers.
2. The CD was worthless. The drivers that came on the CD didn't work. At all.
3. The application is completely useless. Don't even try to end the process because it won't start back up no matter how many times you run the executable.
4. Being tech savvy, I thought I'd fire up my laptop and give good 'ol Google a spin. Nothing helpful at all from the manufacturer (of course) and nothing helpful from any of the countless forums that I visited. I've tried multiple different drivers (Windows Default, Drivers on the CD, multiple versions of the Atheros drivers, etc.) and none of them have worked. The only thing that this card does is take up a PCI slot and royally tick me off.
Other Thoughts: 5. I will never buy from D-Link again.
If you're thinking about buying this card... Run. Run far away and never look back. I wish I could have given this 0 eggs.
I was thinking that this would have been a quick install, considering my previous WLAN card died last night. Boy was I wrong. This card is JUNK!
Windows 7 64-bit Pro
AMD Phenom II X4 980
EVGA 550 Ti
Pros: 1. The butterfly doors. This made installation of components extremely easy and upgrading them even better. Also nice to show off and impress people. ;)
2. The blue fans/color scheme fit my black/blue/silver theme.
3. Tool-less design is a big plus. Removing hard drives and optical drives have never been easier!
4. The front door makes for a nice cover-up for the disc drives.
5. Love the "future side fan" holder on the motherboard side of the case. The first thing i did after i got the case was going out to the store and picking up another fan.
6. The fans above the CPU and PCI cards are a nice feature as i did not have this on my last build.
7. Plenty of space to hide the cables*
*I only have a cd-rw/dvd drive so i had 3 spaces clear to hide power cabling.
Cons: 1. The butterfly doors. Although this is listed as a pro, this is also a con. It makes cable management a little tricky because you have to ensure that there is enough slack in the cables to allow for the doors to open up fully.
2. The case "side bar" or the black bar that has "DIRK-TOOTH" printed makes cabling for the side fan tricky as it shortens the length of the cable dramatically. This also affects the way that the side panel opens up as the shortage in cabling stops the panel from being opened fully.
**I do not have the cable in front of the side bar because of aesthetic reasons.
3. One of the LED's of the fan on the side panel blew out (3 out of the 4 work). *Minor issue but an issue none-the-less.
4. A little on the small side BECAUSE my 8800GTS graphics card extends the length of the motherboard and blocks a slot for a hard drive to be placed.
Other Thoughts: Overall this is an amazing case!
I highly suggest this case for beginners because of the butterfly doors.
The reason why this case receives 4 out of 5 eggs is because of the minor setbacks.
These being the more difficult cable management, the blown out LED on the side fan and the side bar consuming more fan power cabling.
Pros: it's a nice solid mouse with excellent precision, drivers for it are nice with the reprogram. buttons, nice and smooth.
Cons: i've had to replace this mouse twice. first one stopped working about 3-4 months into use. second one just died on me and i've had it, again, for 3-4 months. this time the wires broke off somewhere inside the cabling and it flickers when i move it.
Other Thoughts: it's a good mouse for the money and they'll replace it free of charge, just pay s&h.. as long as it's covered with the warranty.
hope this helps!