Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: For the price I paid I was expecting a printer that would "do the job", but what I got was a 3D printer that has surprised me. There are complaints and star reduction concerning the fact that this printer uses cartridge based proprietary filament. However, this is never hidden and most purchased the printer knowing this limitation, yet lower the review because of it. Filament is 600 g instead of 1K, but is usually cheaper. Again never hidden. Benefit of the cart filament is...more consistency, internal storage, tested with your model of printer, easy install, I believe they also have moisture packs in them (saw on video, but have not confirmed).
Software is fine for beginning software, and has much of what someone needs to get started. It actually provides very good prints. You don't get a lot of options, but since this printer seems to be tweeted to work well without much need for this. I personally purchased Simplify3D because I do like the extra control and features though.
Also some complain about customer service, and I assume is probably as bad as stated, but I can't speak to this as I have not had to use them yet, and hope I never do. However, some are complaining that if there is an item covered under warranty they expect XYZ to pay for shipping to them. I admit that would be nice, but MOST companies are the exact same and require you, the customer, to pay for shipping to and the company pays for shipping back. Also, this is spelled out in their warranty information, and is never hidden from the consumer.
With that said, I have about 100 hours on it, and so far enjoying it. It provides great prints, at a great price. If I ever have to use customer service I might change my tune, but for now it is one of my all time favorite purchases. Make sure you read between the lines on the negative review. Some are justified, but others giving low review for things they should have known before the purchase with minimal research.
Cons: None that I didn't already know before I bought the printer, so hard to put as a con. Definitely won't remove any eggs for, but will list a few things.
1. Proprietary filament - Knew before buying
2. Not opensource - Knew before buying, but Simplify3D works with the printer, and the program is great.
Other Thoughts: I was not sure what to expect when I bought this printer, but got more than what I ever thought I would. I have since looked at many other 3D printers, including one that is about $2500, and still no buyers remorse. This printer is on my list of all time favorite purchases, and New Egg got it to me very quickly.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1. Looks great. Looks more conservative if you leave the palm rest off, and more aggressive with it on.
2. The Cherry MX Browns are music to my fingers.
3. USB port is great for connecting my wireless mouse dongle.
4. Wire holder if you use a wired mouse.
5. Braided cable
6. Volume Key is great. I have it on my other mechanical, but the wheel is great. No need to hit multiple keys
7. Macro Keys
8. Software is very easy to use
9. Can save profiles to the keyboard
10. Software is very easy to learn and use. Some have reported different, but not sure why.
11. Software update added some new keyboard affects.
12. Ability to change the colors is so needed for me. I can't stand that so many have gone to red backlighting only, so RGB was almost a must for me.
13. Raised keys
14. Extra keys for gamers (I don't like the shape and won't use them, but some will like it)
15. G.Skill responded to my email. Customer service is important to me, so this was important for me.
Cons: 1. Only get 24 colors to choose from if you are not using a lighting pattern. In other words if you use a solid color you can only choose from 24. Far from the 16.8 million. You can choose only from those millions on some of the lighting pattern options. Almost removed an egg for this, and would have if not impressed with most everything else.
2. Some lighting patterns will only allow you to start with a red led.
3. Forum was a pain to join. You request and account. Took 3 days for them to approve, and then they send you a PM that you have to reply back to in order to start posting.
Other Thoughts: This is not my first mechanical keyboard, but will say it is my favorite. I would have taken off an egg if not for this fact, because of the 24 colors only when using solids. G.Skill also returned my email which shows some customer service. This is definitely a "high end" keyboard compared to my others. You might not think you can tell the difference between this and the cheaper ones, but it is so much nicer than any I have had in the past, and can say there is a difference.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1. Put out better light than the incandescent bulbs they replaced.
2. Like the 3000K color temp compared to the 2700K
3. Cool to the touch.
Cons: 1. Take a second to actually turn on. (Unlike my Cree)
2. My Cree are better
3. Doesn't work well in lamp. Box says not made for lamp, due to weight, but I would say due to light pattern as well.
Other Thoughts: These are fine 40 wt bulbs, and I like the color temp. The delay when turning them on was a surprise that I will get use to. I would say there are better choices such as Cree. I would not say to say away, but also would say to rush out and buy unless you find a good deal (like I did with Newegg).READ FULL REVIEW