Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cherry MX Brown Switches
Pros: 1. Looks great. Looks more conservative if you leave the palm rest off, and more aggressive with it on.
2. The Cherry MX Browns are music to my fingers.
3. USB port is great for connecting my wireless mouse dongle.
4. Wire holder if you use a wired mouse.
5. Braided cable
6. Volume Key is great. I have it on my other mechanical, but the wheel is great. No need to hit multiple keys
7. Macro Keys
8. Software is very easy to use
9. Can save profiles to the keyboard
10. Software is very easy to learn and use. Some have reported different, but not sure why.
11. Software update added some new keyboard affects.
12. Ability to change the colors is so needed for me. I can't stand that so many have gone to red backlighting only, so RGB was almost a must for me.
13. Raised keys
14. Extra keys for gamers (I don't like the shape and won't use them, but some will like it)
15. G.Skill responded to my email. Customer service is important to me, so this was important for me.
Cons: 1. Only get 24 colors to choose from if you are not using a lighting pattern. In other words if you use a solid color you can only choose from 24. Far from the 16.8 million. You can choose only from those millions on some of the lighting pattern options. Almost removed an egg for this, and would have if not impressed with most everything else.
2. Some lighting patterns will only allow you to start with a red led.
3. Forum was a pain to join. You request and account. Took 3 days for them to approve, and then they send you a PM that you have to reply back to in order to start posting.
Other Thoughts: This is not my first mechanical keyboard, but will say it is my favorite. I would have taken off an egg if not for this fact, because of the 24 colors only when using solids. G.Skill also returned my email which shows some customer service. This is definitely a "high end" keyboard compared to my others. You might not think you can tell the difference between this and the cheaper ones, but it is so much nicer than any I have had in the past, and can say there is a difference.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1. Put out better light than the incandescent bulbs they replaced.
2. Like the 3000K color temp compared to the 2700K
3. Cool to the touch.
Cons: 1. Take a second to actually turn on. (Unlike my Cree)
2. My Cree are better
3. Doesn't work well in lamp. Box says not made for lamp, due to weight, but I would say due to light pattern as well.
Other Thoughts: These are fine 40 wt bulbs, and I like the color temp. The delay when turning them on was a surprise that I will get use to. I would say there are better choices such as Cree. I would not say to say away, but also would say to rush out and buy unless you find a good deal (like I did with Newegg).READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Killzone: Shadow Fall
Pros: Graphics, Story, Control, Use of touchpad, save system is fair, best in series IMO.
Cons: Load times when first starting the game is slow. Load times after death...you have to wait until the guy bends down to mock you before the game wants to load.
Other Thoughts: I have enjoyed the series, but to me this one is the best. Controls are spot on. Use of new feature on the controller (touchpad). Good story. Game is just all out great. One of my favorites to date. Am surprised it is not getting the ratings that it deserves, but game enjoyment is a personal opinion. If you FPS game I would put this on your short list of games to get for the PS4.READ FULL REVIEW