Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: GIGABYTE SUMO OMEGA GZ-ZSUCWP Black ABS + Steel ATX Mid Tower Mid Tower
Pros: This is gonna be a long one...
1. HUGE. Big enough for a foot long video card with plenty of HDD bay room to spare, 8 HDD bays, this thing is monstrous! I was also able to fit a Xigmatech Gaia CPU cooler in this without it interfering with the side fan.
2. Comes with six fans. All with dust filters. If you were so inclined, you could add two more fans to the bottom of the case too. I have cats, those filters are huge for me...and the airflow from the fans is great as it comes.
3. Very easy to use for a beginner, a little trial and error and my first build is complete.
4. This thing looks amazing, like an evil blue spaceship sitting next to my desk. At the same time, it manages to look great without being too over-the-top.
5. Cable Management. Oh man. I don't think I've ever been able to get a case so organized-looking before this one.
6. VERY sturdy. I don't want to test it but I bet it would survive a few falls.
7. The top controls/USB plugins. Hot swap bay, card reader, 3-speed fan controls for the included fans, and a handy little button to turn the LED's off if you don't want them.
8. The tool-less HDD and optical bays are really simple to use, and things don't shake at all once they're in place.
9. Anti-vibration rubber base for the bottom-mounted PSU.
10. The top is removable for easy access.
11. I didn't come across any sharp edges inside or outside the case.
Cons: Now, many of the things I'll list as cons are things I think other folks might not like too much. Personally, I don't have problems with them...
1. If you want to put a huge PSU in, you're going to need to check the size to see if it'll fit. It's a bit of a bracketed area where the PSU goes in.
2. The HDD wiring actually faces toward the rear (backside of the motherboard) of the case. For those with limited SATA connections.
3. While the illustrations are pretty helpful, I can't figure out where to plug in the card reader at. Probably just my noobness to all this, eventually I'll find it!
4. It is a bit pricey if you're on a budget.
5. I put a full sized ATX motherboard in this, but anything bigger will be a really tight fit.
Other Thoughts: I don't know how to describe this case any other way than "glorious". In my opinion, and i am a bit of a cheapskate, it's well worth the full price. Couple of things to note here...like I said, I am still trying to figure out where to connect my card reader, for any noobs like me just starting out. Also, for the side fan, you might need an adapter or extension cord to reach the motherboard. Mileage may vary there.
Thank you Gigabyte for an amazing case, and Newegg for awesome service and delivery!
If you've got the clams for it, my advice is grab this case.
This review is from: Microsoft 52A-00004 Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
Pros: 1. Durable. Very solid construction and feel.
2. Plays every Steam game with controller support I have thrown at it.
3. Reliable. Haven't had any issues out of it, and have had two of them for over a year. This purchase was so I'd have another paddle for racing etc. :)
Cons: A bit more expensive than some of the alternatives...but, in the end worth the extra cost. See Other Thoughts.
Other Thoughts: We've owned a few different types of PC controllers, and have had compatibility issues with all of them but this one. Makes it more than worth the extra money you'll spend on getting this over other brands. I couldn't take an egg away because of this. Plus, patience is your friend, you can catch these on sale from time to time at great prices. Love you Newegg! :DREAD FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Coboc 6 ft. gold plated, High speed HDMI to HDMI A/V Cable (Black)
Pros: Very cheap and does what it was bought to do. Great money saving alternative if you don't unplug and plug in alot.
Cons: It does feel cheap...but I leave mine plugged in, and have had no problems from it to date.
Other Thoughts: I am using this computer to monitor. Definitely recommend it if that's what you're going for.READ FULL REVIEW