Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Extremely quiet
- Low price
Cons: - None so far
Other Thoughts: - Came very well packaged with air cushions.
- Bought it as a data drive to complement my SSD on Win8.1. Also I moved the users folder to D:\ (on this drive) and hardlinked to it from C:\Users. This way all temp files don't wear the SSD.
- Faster than the 8 year drive it is replacing. For exact performance numbers, google the online reviews (seems about average).
This review is from: TP-LINK TL-SG105 Unmanaged 5-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch, Metal Case, Power-Saving
Pros: - Metal construction feels solid.
- Compact design.
- Does not introduce noticeable hit in performance, but I haven't really done a throughput test.
Cons: - Power adapter makes faint noises that change depending on the load.
Other Thoughts: - Bought it for use at LAN parties.
- Comes with rubber feet that could/need to be attached manually.
This review is from: Dell P2314H Black 23" 8ms Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS 250 cd/m2 1,000:1
Pros: - Little light bleed
- Quality build (out of plastic)
- Cable management
- Adjustable stand
- Very light
- Overclockable to 70 Hz
Cons: - Somewhat-slow pixel response time (>25 ms white-to-black). Slowly dragging a window makes the text hard to read.
- Slow wake up time. I can never see the VBIOS message on boot since it takes a few seconds for the monitor to wake up from stand-by.
Other Thoughts: Some people commented on the non-popular BGR subpixel ordering. Mine has RGB, so Dell might have switched panels.
The USB hub has 3 ports hidden behind the panel covering the power and display inputs. It's very convenient to plug the mouse and keyboard there and zip-tie the excess cables under the panel.