Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Good colors for a TN panel once you adjust the saturation. I don't have any dead pixels.
- I was surprised by the viewing angles. Being a 24" screen I thought they'd be poor, but they're surprisingly good, even better than my old 22" monitor that I never felt happy with the angles.
- So much brighter than my old monitor as well. Had to turn down the brightness, which is a good thing.
- Very low power consumption.
- The design looks great, minus the removable garish stickers. The back of the monitor has a brushed metal sort of look (it's plastic). Kinda wish they would have used that all over, rather than glossy black.
- Automatically switches your input source. If you turn off one PC, then turn on another, it will automatically switch to the new video source.
- I like the buttons and found the menus easy to use.
Cons: - The neck isn't removable if you use VESA mounts.
- There probably is some ghosting in gaming. It doesn't bother me and I don't really notice enough to care, but if you're a hardcore pro gamer or whatever, then you might want to look elsewhere.
- If you sleep in the same room as your computer, and leave your monitor on standby, it blinks a bright blue LED off and on (solid red LED when 'off').
- The speakers are bad. You shouldn't buy a monitor for the speakers, and I don't use them.
Other Thoughts: I bought this monitor a few months ago to replace a 6 year old monitor that finally died on me. I didn't have a lot of money to spend, either. I do play a lot of games on it, but I'm certainly not a pro or super competitive or anything. If you're more of a casual gamer like myself, or if you just need to do basic PC work, then this monitor is a great choice. It's an even better choice if you manage to catch a good sale on it like I did!READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 PC Game
Pros: Graphics: They got a little bit of an update since ME2. The game doesn't look as good as say, Battlefield 3, but personally I'm glad. The game still looks very good and you won't need to run the highest end equipment to run it.
Gameplay: The gameplay is fun as all the MEs have been. However, Bioware said this one would play more as a shooter, but it really doesn't feel that way. The last planet/mission DOES have the shooter feel, though. I wish they could have incorporated that kind of hectic feel for the entire game. The game is still fun to play though, and incorporates many kinds of playstyles. You can be a sniper, run and gun, etc, and you can either take your time with all sidequests or get right down to the final battle if you prefer.
Voice acting: I prefer Fem Shep, and I find the voice acting from everyone is still as awesome as ever. For a video game the banter between characters is great.
Cons: Story: Why did the Reapers focus their invasion on Earth? Did Shepard's conversation with them in previous games make them that angry?
Atmosphere: After the opening of the game I was excited that this game would have very dark and depressing feel to it with the galaxy being invaded and destroyed. Unfortunately, throughout the rest of the game you'd hardly know there is an invasion going on. Like other ME's, you simply run around gathering your team together for the final battle. Thanks Bioware, but we've already done that *twice* now in ME.
Plot holes: There's quite a few things in this game that don't make sense when comparing ME3 to the whole series. Plot holes and the ending are why this game gets 3 stars from me.
Ending: Oh, the ending. I don't need to go into details. It's NOT fitting of a 3 game trilogy. At least Bioware is working on extended cutscenes to fill in the gaps, but it won't be enough.
Other Thoughts: Overall, ME3 is a good game, but not great. I would have appreciated more of a feeling of IMPENDING DOOM that we had in the opening sequence, but the rest of the game falls short. Even though the entire galaxy is being annihilated, you, your squadmates, and other characters seem extremely upbeat for what is happening around them. You'll love the game play, as always, and the voice acting is superb (at least on Fem Shep). However, once you get to the end of the game you'll probably be disappointed by Bioware's "artistic vision" of how they decided to end a three game trilogy beloved by fans.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Team Color Turn 8GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (Purple) Model TG008GE902V3
Pros: - 8GB USB 3.0
- Link activity light
- It works
Cons: - No lanyard (but it does have holes for one, and I had an extra lying around)
Other Thoughts: I had a couple of 1GB flash drives lying around, but wanted something more substantial just in case. I doubt I'll ever need anywhere close to 8GB, but I had a gift card to use.READ FULL REVIEW