Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Small footprint
- Well accessorized, comes with stand for vertical orientation
- Enough ports in front and back
Cons: Not true plug and play under Windows bootcamp setup, but that's not Startech's fault (Apple, grow up). ALSO, if you turn on the Mac machine without having the dock plugged in, Windows OS will not detect it... the dock TB cable MUST MUST be plugged in the laptop TB port BEFORE powering on the laptop. Apparently the TB port is NOT PnP when running under Bootcamp WinOS (thanks CrApple).
Other Thoughts: Okay, so I have this sucker set up as a dock in Bootcamp Windows 8 Pro for a client. Obviously this is marketed for a Mac OS laptop, but it comes with the drivers for Window OS 7/8... and it works quite well.
- does multiple monitors without issues
- does PnP into the dock without issues
- does charge peripherals plugged into the USB ports such as iPhones, etc.
- USB ports of the dock are PnP (even if the dock is not PnP via the TB port to the Mac)
Overall, I have to say I am impressed with this device... it's cheaper than the alternatives, gives more options for plugging in your devices (1x HDMI, 2x TB, 2x USB in the back). Hopefully, it'll last a while.
This review is from: Spigen Tough Armor Metal Slate Case For iPhone 5 / 5S SGP10490
Pros: - Thin STRONG protection for the iPhone 5
- Works even with a glass screen protector
- Access to all ports without issues (no adapters needed)
- Looks SWEEET.
Cons: - NONE!! Unless you like the bulky case protection.
- If I HAD to choose a con, I'd say that it's not sand, dust, water proof... but that's not its purpose.
Other Thoughts: This case is really nice. I paired it with a glass screen protector that was purchased from another site (but NewEgg has it too... item #N82E16875945048). After you use these together, you do not want another case to use. Glass protector allows all the display quality to shine through, and this case protects the back and looks awesome.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: TekNmotion White Real Glass Screen Shield for iPhone 5 / 5S TM-GSP5W
Pros: Great strength... easy to apply... NO bubbles. Cannot tell that there is a protector on there. And if the screen cracks, it'll cost me $35 to replace it vs. $200 from Apple. Brightness of the phone is unaffected
Cons: Can make the phone not fit in some cases since it does add an extra 1mm or so to the top of the phone.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.