Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: -Great RAM that gets the job done without any problems.
-When I saw that it went on sale for $65 I knew that couldn't pass up this deal.
-The RAM looks really sexy. The color looks way better than what the images here show.
Cons: None so far. I haven't had any problems with this RAM.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1. Very stylish and has a neat string of green LED's in the board.
2. The overall design was very detailed and feels more durable in your hands.
3. Even the I/O shield was built with an added layer of black plastic to make it more durable and stylish.
4. The "Noise-less" USB DAC-UP port is a feature I love about this board and have never seen before.This board was made with audio in mind. I have not used the analog audio ports on it yet, so I have no opinion about that yet.
Cons: 1. It was a kind of a struggle to install the board because the I/O shield was was constantly pushing back on it due to the design of the I/O shield itself, but it could also have been my case as well. Not really a big deal.
2. After the first reboot some of the USB ports would only put out power and nothing else. Eventually worked itself out though.
Nothing else really.
Other Thoughts: For starters I did not go the APU route, so this review might not be helpful for those who plan on doing so.
So I ordered this board as a replacement for a board I had ordered, but ultimately it ended up not working with my CPU. This was completely my fault, because I miss read something on their website. Anyways the board was pretty easy to install. Booted up just fine and I had no problems installing Windows 8.1 on to it. Though I immediately noticed a problem after the fist reboot. The USB 3.0 and the USB DAC port would not work. I wasn't sure what the problem was so I just continued on only using the USB 2.0 ports available, BUT for some reason after a few reboots I tested out the ports and they seem to work just fine now. I wish I understood why it did this.
Anyways in the end I am happy with this board. It does what it is supposed to do, its durable and has audio in mind as well. I plan on buying more of Gigabytes boards in the future.
My system build:
-AMD 760K Richland
-MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC Radeon HD 7850 2GB
-Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W
-Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
-Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
- ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner
Was buying during the holidays so I got a pretty good deal on most of these parts.
I do not run my computer 24/7 and I do not overclock any. I do game though.