Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Excellent performance out of the box
- Easy to overclock and easy to get well over 4.0 ghz
- Excellent price for what you get
Cons: There cannot be enough said about how awful the stock fan is. For all that noise, it barely keeps this processor in line. Like most others, this does not affect the score for me though.
Other Thoughts: Best bang for the buck in this segment.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Lots of card for the money
- Knocks on the door of every game thrown its way,drags it out and beats it into submission
- Easy to install and set up
- AMD is finally getting drivers right or close to right with little tweaking needed
- Cool looking. Not flashy, not ugly. Just right
-Very quiet. Even super loaded, this thing just hums
- Plays Battlefield 4, Hitman: Absolution, Thief, Elder Scrolls Online (I'm beta testing), Sleeping Dogs...all of them on ultra settings with nary a glitch, skip or bump. Max FPS on all games.
- Good availability for the most part.
Cons: It's big so fitting it takes a moment longer than other cards. Not enough of a con to take an egg off and one that any serious gamer or computer geek won't even notice.
Other Thoughts: This is the card I've been waiting for. The last time I had a GPU that I liked this much and met or exceeded my expectations was an Viper AGP card from the mid 90's that allowed me to play Quake to it's full potential in GL. That's about as good of a praise I can give anything.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: I bought this card locally from a guy who had not even installed it. In fact, I bought a pair of them from him for $120, sold the used one for $120 on an auction site and kept the new one. Wow, what a card for the money. Once you get the current ATI drivers, this card works well with anything thrown at it. I am running an AMD 955 black, MSI 970a MOBO, 8 gb RAM and this card runs everything. It runs warm, true, but not enough to stop it from working. I've had it for a year now and have had no issues whatsoever. It runs skyrim on Ultra settings with the HD pack, Diablo 3 on Ultra and WOW on ultra. If you can scoop one up, do it.
Cons: The card is excellent, but ATI has a history of driver issues and this one is no exception. You MUST get the most current drivers or the BSOD will appear.
Other Thoughts: Nothing better for the money.READ FULL REVIEW