Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Thin and clean look.
- Very powerful, running the Division near max setting at 60fps.
- Passable speakers. They sound good overall, with something lacking I cannot put my finger on.
- No Bloatware. All the included software is minimal and just Utilities for managing the laptop.
- Comes with the HDD caddy for a 2nd HDD
- Fans tend to stay very quiet at all times except while gaming.
Cons: - The HDD Caddy is molded badly and does not form to the laptop very well.
- Case feels flimsy lots of torque if picked up at and angle.
- Battery with all power savings activated will give about an hour of game time.
- Battery with setting at Nvdia's recommended will give about 40 minutes of game time.
- Laptop will NOT run at full power on battery? Massive detriment.
- Charger is not powerful enough to charge the laptop while gaming. The charger will short out and turn off and will need to be unplugged and plugged back in to reset it.
- Even when plugged into a wall you will need to wait 2-3 hours to play games until the battery is fully charged.
- Track pad is probably the worst I have ever used. Tracks badly and even the left and right mouse buttons provide movement so clicking can cause the mouse to move past what you wanted to click.
- Gigabyte support is lack luster. First laptop arrived DOA and was not covered under the warranty!? As they only repair they do not replace.
- Fans will overpower the volume of the speakers when playing at full power. Headphones are a must if you want to hear your game without blowing the speakers.
Other Thoughts: If you are going to stay plugged in 90% of the time and only need the battery for browsing and lite gaming and only plan to go full blast gaming when the battery is fully charged and you are plugged in.. THIS is for you. It is an amazing well performing laptop.
However it was clearly engineered badly as the Power Brick cannot provide enough ampere to Charge the laptop and power it during gaming sessions.
And when it is on battery the battery can also not provide enough "oomph" to let the system run at full speed.
This is more of a desktop replacement gaming machine with great portability and battery life IF you do not play games on battery.
This review is from: ORICO H727RK-U3-BK 7 Port USB3.0 HUB with Premium 12V/2.5A Power Adapter (Black)
Pros: -All the ports feel solid and devices "click" in nicely.
Cons: -Does not provide enough power to any port to power any device I plugged in.
-Most devices would not work at all when plugged into the hub.
- Getting it to detect a device required trying different ports, and eventually even if it did detect it, the PC would not see it.
- Very short USB cable which means the Hub still needs to be close to the PC and it not very convenient.
Other Thoughts: -The device is so light that the power cable and USB cable tilt it backwards.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Even without the fan spinning at all, The heatsink is doing an excellent job keeping my CPU cool with only the air flow in the case. And Antec 900 1.0.
Cons: Died after 5 months of use.READ FULL REVIEW