Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: ZyXEL X650 Dual-Band Wireless AC1200 Gigabit Router
Pros: 1. Very stable - didn't have to reboot for months... that is a huge issue with other "premium" and way more expansive routers I had in the last half year (ASUS, TP-Link, etc).
2. Was on big sale, so less than $40!!
3. Very stable wireless connection and no problems with different devices (had almost 20 at home).
4. Range is better than peers - good speed for 1080p via - 3 walls and about 10m range for 'N' and have media center connected from about 5m and 1 wall on speed about 600Mbps in 'AC'. Although not a match for "premium" models.
5. Can work as a different types of bridge/repeater (and it's for a cheap and basic model!!!!)
Cons: 1. No beam forming for wireless, that limits the range, but for a price not a problem - as above
2. Design is very simplistic for both software and hardware (would be great to have some extra control features)
3. No automated updates of the firmware, need to download separately, if you want to update.
4. DHCP is very simple, also gives only MAC of the devices, that makes it harder to troubleshoot the network.
5. No USB - but not a problem for me as I have a 24/7 server.
Other Thoughts: 1.Very solid build, although design is basic.
2.Strong WiFi signal with good coverage for an average house, although not a match for way more expansive models, like R7500 or RT-AC87
3. Overall great router, one of the best I've had so far. Over-perform more expansive models by many criteria.
4. Once again hard rock stable, with almost 20 internet connected devices at home
Pros: hmmm... none!
Cons: worked for a few weeks, but was working erratically. It seems like it was warming up and then giving problems- PC didn’ t see the.card. After about 1.5 months it stopped working completely. PC stopped detecting it at all.
Other Thoughts: you get what you pay for... look for those cards that do not need additional power supply, more expansive, but works very well for me.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Surge protector is not that much important for me, but having x2 USB with 2.1A chargers is very useful! works great
Cons: It has a pin, that will not let you to plug it in in the single outlet(it has to be double outlet.
Also it's really big, BUT outlets are so tight to each other, so I can only use 2 of them at a time!