Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: It was a cheap board that was packed with good features that you typically find in other motherboards at a sub $100 price range. It has a very attractive look, which is something I've always praised MSI over.
Cons: The board would restart my OS after only a few minutes or hours of use. No matter what I did fixed it. I wiped and did a clean install of windows 7, made some setting changes, etc. Nothing worked. If it was windows 7 or a driver issue, wiping the hard drive would have fixed it. But it was, indeed, the board. I haven't had any problems with the new board that I now have, which is the Gigabyte 970a-UD3P. Many people have also reported different problems with this board tons of times, so going with this board just isn't worth it in my opinion. It ended up costing me more money.
Other Thoughts: I originally did a review on this board a few months ago. It was completely fine whenever I did the review, but just days after posting it I started to have trouble. If you're looking for a motherboard, just get the Gigabyte 970a-UD3P motherboard. It has a very good thermal design and is a much better board overall. Would not recommend this board to anyone, at all.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: The fan pulls a good amount of air on my CPU cooler. it's also cheap and made by a good, reliable company.
Cons: My fan makes an annoying rattling noise for some reason. I just ordered it as well and it did this straight out of the box, so I didn't damage it. I'll probably be filling out an RMA for it soon, but not really wanting to do that because it's such a pain uninstalling fans with my case. Whatever haha.
Other Thoughts: It's a good fan, but because it's cheap you may get a defective one right out of the box.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: This CPU is one, if not, the best bang for your buck CPU there is, besides the Pentium G3258. It runs absolutely smooth with my EVGA GTX 770, AND NO IT DOESN'T BOTTLENECK IT. I hate that people keep saying that this CPU will bottleneck a lot of graphics cards such as the 770, R9 280x, and so on. Well, I'm here to tell you that it is simply not the truth. Now, onto the pros:
1. This CPU is priced extremely well. For a 6 core CPU that's easily overclockable, this thing will take you places with your gaming and editing.
2. With an aftermarket heatsink, this thing runs really cool at even speeds of 4.5 GHz. I currently have mine clocked to that speed with a voltage of 1.43 or so volts (can't really remember haha) and with the Hyper 212 EVO heatsink, I'm never hitting 50 Celsius in game.
3. The gaming aspect of this CPU is perfect. Although people may say that the 6 cores on this CPU are weaker than other CPU's, you will still get very smooth gaming at high frame rates (depending on your GPU). I am currently running this beast of a chip with a GTX 770. Here are some frame rate examples:
1. Battlefield 4- High/Ultra= 50-90 fps
2. Assassins Creed IV- 40-50 fps.
3. Borderlands 2- Ultra 60-100 fps.
4. Bioshock Infinite- Ultra- 70-110
5. Batman: Arkham Asylum- Ultra- 70-120
This is such an amazing CPU for the money, even more so whenever it's overclocked to around 4.5 GHz. Then, at that speed, it is able to take on the i5 3570k easily.
Cons: Not really any that I can think of other than that it won't perform as well as other processors in older games, but you don't really run into that problem if you don't play games from 4 years ago haha.
Other Thoughts: Get this processor. The sheer bang for buck value that you get out of this is crazy and it is definitely worth the price tag. Some may label me as an AMD fanboy, but I've seen both sides of the picture and have used Intel CPU's before. This is such a great option.READ FULL REVIEW