Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Low cost
- SAS / SATA II Compatibility
- Compatible with LSI SAS HBA card (no Raid)
- Metal casing seems well put together
- Easy setup with approved controller.
Cons: Like another poster, I found there were minor issues if you are a hardware guy:
- We found the drive activity lights were mis-matched and easily corrected by adjusting the cables to the correct connectors
- Plastic Drive Caddies
- Description at new Egg didn't say it included a rail kit nor clarified the dual SAS connection was for a second system to use the storage at the same time
- a few of the drive locations show differently in the controller than in the local system (e.g. drive #7 shows as Drive ID 3 in my controller)
- Windows Storage Server doesn't detect the slots (may be HBA card issue)
- Throughput seems to go down to 24-35mb/s after initial burst using SATA II drives (may be normal need to test SAS 15K drives).
Other Thoughts: We were building a Windows Storage Server and wanted an initial device for testing and "playing around". Found this was suitable in our environment for both basic production and backup storage. Seems to allow system to work properly and have not had any issues yet. Using two arrays setup in Windows Storage Server for both shares and backup storage targets.READ FULL REVIEW