Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Works well when it actually works. Not much more to say than that.
Cons: 1. Rebooting... This problem has been around since the board was launched, but this is still an issue. I'm now on my third Windows reset as it would seem that repeated cold boots are somehow system breaking.
2. Mouse Tracking Issues (USB Issues?) -- Both of my gaming mice have issues with tracking at entirely random times. The two mice are the Roccat Tyon (Wired), and the Razer Ouroboros (Wireless). I have tested both mice on my Surface, and they do not exhibit these same problems.
3. Rebooting... Seriously, what is with this? I've stared into the Republic of Gamers logo for so long over the course of the last two months whilst attempting to reboot that I now find the logo repulsive.
4. Glitches and Bugs... The last time I reset and reinstalled Windows, it installed itself onto the wrong drive. I have 4 SSD's. Three are 500 gig drives, the other is my 256 gig boot drive. It's pretty easy to determine the difference between the 500 gig drives and 256 gig drive considering, ya know, that the other three drives are exactly the same.
The tracking issues could be placed here as well.
Other Thoughts: It has no gotten to the point where I am afraid to turn this computer off for fear that I will have to delete everything for the umpteenth time and start over. I would like ASUS to refund this purchase, and I will be contacting their customer service soon. I've already purchased an MSI board to replace the Rampage V with anyway. I just can't put up with this nonsense any longer, as this is by far the worst computing experience I've ever had. It would have been better had the board simply been DOA.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Razer Kraken Pro Over Ear PC Gaming and Music Headset- Green
Pros: - Comfortable, but not as comfortable as my Bose headphones. You feel a squeeze which can become uncomfortable after a time.
- Incoming communications can be exceptionally clear, especially so if you use the clarity control in Synapse.
- At times, this headset really shines. This review would be much different if the phrase "at times" were removed, however.
Cons: - When there is a lot of noise, especially background noise, this headset will often give you the impression that you're underwater. The noise you want to hear, like people walking behind you, is drowned out by background noise that doesn't even exist on my other headsets.
- In Planetside 2 specifically, the headset has a hard time distinguishing the proximity of specific sounds and will often make gunfire from a distance louder than your own gunfire.
- Also, I've noticed when playing music that the music is often far louder than the singer's voice (which doesn't happen with my other headsets), and if I turn down the music to the point where the sound level is comfortable, I can barely hear the singer.