Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Logitech S120 2.3 Watts (RMS) 2.0 Speaker System
Pros: - Cheap (I snagged 'em for eight bucks with free shipping).
- No external power brick - just an audio cable and power cable come out.
- Small and relatively portable.
Cons: - Tinny, lackluster treble sound.
- Absolutely no bass response; in fact, the audio must go through a basic high-pass filter before being fed to the cones because many low pitches come out severely attenuated.
Other Thoughts: I would only recommend these as extremely cheap and durably built speakers for non-audiophiles. They would be perfect for video conferencing applications and the like, but they fall short when it comes to the frequency response that's expected for music.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Purportedly long LED lamp life. (We will see how this goes! I plan to use it constantly.)
- Has HDMI, VGA (Component by extension), Composite, and USB inputs.
- Despite the "low" physical resolution of 800x600, 720p and 1080p video come out of this thing looking great - nearly as crisp as on my 42" LCD, but at a much larger size! Whatever method it uses to downscale the video is phenomenal.
- Projects a 100" area onto my off-white wall in a room with the blinds drawn and the lights off incredibly well. With the lights on, however, the image is barely visible.
- Small and comes with a handy dandy carrying case.
Cons: - No audio-out socket; I didn't dock a star for it because everything I plug into this has a separate audio-out that I feed to my speakers.
- Movies on a USB drive have to be in certain formats and codecs to play (this is expected).
- Other reviewers have put fan noise as a con - my laptop fan is louder than this is, and I have a reasonably quiet laptop.
Other Thoughts: I would wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone. I am considering buying more to give as Christmas presents.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Skullcandy inkd White
Pros: Great sound quality:
- Rich, wet bass.
- Crisp, clear treble and midrange.
Canal-style buds penetrate your ears and block out outside noises.
Comes with three different-size pairs of canal fittings. One of these pairs is bound to fit your ear properly.
Cons: You can't use these while moving around; little vibrations and taps to the cable are transmitted up to your ear and ruin the listening experience. This is a problem with most canal-style earbuds, however.
Other Thoughts: Great earbuds for sitting at the computer.READ FULL REVIEW