Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Very high performance.
Decent price back in October when i got one.
No CF bridge needed.
The core overclocks well if kept cool.
Cons: High power consumption
Not sure why but i have this water cooled and the core overclocks to 1168Mhz stable no artifacts no crashes.
However, i cant overclock the memory at all, even 15Mhz causes black or redscreen. Not worth dropping an egg due to high performance at this level.
I'll get a better power supply and see if anything changes right now i have it on 750w bronze power supply with 2 ssds, 4 dimm ram and 8350 oc. could be a power related issue will update!
Other Thoughts: Very powerful GPU with nice price tag when it came out wish i had bought two at the price of $550 when they were released in October.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: SAPPHIRE 100361SR Radeon R9 290X 4GB GDDR5 Video Card
Pros: - Price/Performance Ratio.
- Second most powerful Single-GPU graphics cards in the market, a bit behind 780TI (8-9%).
- $150 less than 780TI.
- Perfect Upgrade for those who have AMD 6000 series or even 7000 series.
- At 1080P runs any game maxed out with 60 or higher frame rates! This runs Crysis 3 maxed out with 2XAA with 56-59s average!
- Overclocks well for a reference card. Have mine at 1090MHZ core and 1375Memory with no voltage modification just increase the power limit!
- Is compatible with Accelero extreme 3 and hydro cooler in case anyone can’t take the noise of stock cooler. BTW stock cooler can keep the card in mid 70s if the fan speed is set to 75%.
- Mantle API is an advantage as is DirectX 11.2.
- No more crossfire bridge and better CFX scaling.
Cons: Stock cooler is considerably loud after 65% fan speed, It is ineffective below 50%.
No voltage Controller! MSI afterburner and ATI CCC work but cant add any voltage. It is a con for me since i have water-cooled this, and i cant OC anymore while my max temperature is 57C.
Amd could improve their reference cooler designs to attract more customers.
Other Thoughts: Overall very nice Graphic card, don't underestimate the R290X just because it is slower than 780TI. This card doesn't slow down at all! May lower clocks in quiet mode bios but who buys this GPU to run it at quiet mode? Get the best performance out of this card UBER mode all time!READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: High Memory Bandwidth, I have this set 2x1866 with Amd 8350 and I'm getting 22GB/Sec in Sis Sandra 2012.Windows 7 index score 7.8. Easily runs at claimed specifications with 1.50 voltage. High overclocking headroom, i have set mine at ~1888 8-9-9-20 at 1.55 voltage.
Cons: None yet after over 6 months of usage. Prime maybe, $60-65 would be a better deal in the highly competitive memory market.READ FULL REVIEW
Display Name: Anonymous
Date Joined: 09/20/09
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.