Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: ZALMAN CNPS9500A-LED 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
Pros: CPU is an AMD Phenom X4 955 Black Edition.
- Cools great! It dropped my CPU temps by 15 degrees Celcius at idle, and about 12 under load.
- Looks cool, I like the blue light and circle design.
- Even without the speed controller installed, it's significantly quieter than my stock CPU cooler.
Cons: - The AMD mounting clip was a bit fussy to work with.
- A 4-pin connector so the fan could be regulated by the MOBO would have been nice.
Other Thoughts: I didn't run the manual speed controller as I couldn't think of a clean way to mount it.
Reading the other reviews, I fell like I'm the only person who didn't cut themselves installing it
Pros: - Solid case for cooling. I had a few spare 120mm fans laying around and my temperatures across the board dropped by several degrees C both at idle and under load.
- Looks cool. The front panel is very clean especially the way it conceals the optical drive. I liike the blue lights and red accents.
- Good amount of space to work inside and good cable routing
- Fits my giant Zalman CPU cooler with no drama
Cons: - Poor instruction manual, didn't really articulate the way to hook up the fan cooler, or disassemble the front panel
- Front USB3 just runs a cord to one of your rear ports, not a motherboard based one.
Other Thoughts: - The holes for water cooling make this easy, but it would be ideal for a card that has an internal USB plug
- Size. This is a fairly large case as far as mid-towers are concerned, doesn't fit well in my desk depth-wise.
- Installing the optical drive is impossible with the motherboard in place first, directions to disassemble the front panel did not exist, hesitant just to start pulling and break the plastics. not a negative, just would have been nice to know ahead of time.
- With 4x120mm fans it sounds like a jet engine
Pros: It was super cheap with all of the rebates and discount codes.
Good front panel connectors, fast speeds through both USB connecters and card reader.
Great cooling. I went from a really cheap case to this, Speccy lists all of my components at almost 15° C cooler.
Good cable management.
Easy toolless install for all the drives.
Looks cool with all the blue lights and red accents.
Cons: The manual leaves a bit to be desired. I had to google some of the wiring to figure out what it plugged into.
USB 3.0 plug takes one of my back slots, need to get a pci card with an internal jack.
Difficult to figure out how to remove front and top panels, not explained in manual.
Other Thoughts: The fan speed controller hookups makes no sense, could have been better explained in the manual. At any rate, the case fans run fine without hooking them up.
Case fans could use 3 and 4 pin connectors instead of molex.
I added a 120mm fan from my old case to the side panel.
I bought it the case for $28.99 after all the rebates and discounts, even at $50 I think it would be a good deal.
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.