Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: EXCELLENT COOLING !!
- out of the 5 Air coolers ive used over the past 2 years.. the Aegir performs the best. AMD1100t @ 4.2 (NB@3000) idle at 35c, load at 48-50c in a warm ambient temp room.
- outperforms the H80 watercooler i was using that died. (~4-7c difference under load)
- slightly outperforms my Noctua nh-d14. very close though. (like ~1-2c difference)
- screw water coolers.. they break down far too often. high end air coolers like the Aegir will never breakdown and they perform better... and the Aegir is quieter. AND ITS CHEAPER.. duh. the only.. ONLY reason to use a watercooler over a highend air cooler is if your using a really small case.
I read MULTIPLE reviews of high end Air Coolers. this got extremely high scores but i hadnt heard of the company. The HDT design works fantastic.
Cons: - instructions were atrocious. im very familiar with installation processes but i read them just incase. less tech savy customers might easily destroy their motherboard if they literally followed some of these instructions.... "paste the backplate to the mainboard". paste? W T F. seriously i can imagine some poor noob looking around for some Superglue...
- didnt have the metal backplate shown in the description - was plastic. sturdy and working fine but i felt i must mention it.
- didnt have the tube of thermal compound in the product picture.. it was a little plastic envelope with a smears worth of compound.. thats horrible. luckily i had a tube of Arctic Silver5 from previous build.