Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: 1. Efficient - Only draws, at most, 150w from the PSU and that is a high value at a heavy load. Very efficient
2. Battlefield 3 - Set to "Auto" everything is on "High" and stays at 50+ FPS. Switched to Ultra and it dropped to 20-30 FPS. Still a lovely card and after putting in 180 hours on the Xbox version the difference in the visuals is astounding.
3. XFX - not only is this card great but the company is as well. When I initially put my rig together I had an issue with Battlefield 3 stalling out after 25-30 minutes. After reading online for quite a while I came to the conclusion that the card was to blame. Opened a claim ticket and within hours it was responded too. Turns out my RAM was bad (yes I know to check that first with memtests and whatnot now) but their response and assistance in the matter was very professional. Also got the rebate very quickly.
4. Reorder - I liked this card and company so much that I ordered another to Crossfire them. Can't go wrong with XFX and
Cons: 1. Powering it - It does require 2 6 pin PCI-E connectors. I should have read that but I must have missed it. Not a huge problem but I only had an OCZ ZT 650w and while it did have 2 PCI-E 6 pin connectors, it cannot support another card (which I just ordered) so make sure if you plan to Crossfire these cards that you ahve 4 PCI-E 6 pin connectors coming out of your PSU (OCZ ZT 750w has this which is what I picked up).
Other Thoughts: Liked this card so much that I purchased another on here to Crossfire. It runs great and I have had no issues. You can't go wrong (especially at ~130 for this thing) Great for a mid budget gaming PC.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: SilverStone RAVEN RV02-BW Matte black 0.8mm Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Pros: This case is amazing. I had a Raidmax Tornado Case and this was my next step up.
Some great things about it are:
1. Airflow- The 3 fans along the bottom do more than enough to keep my system cool. Before in my old case I used HWMonitor and after 1 hour of Battlefield 3 my temps would be in the high 80s! And that was with 3 fans in that case! Now my max temp after an hour in the Raven RV02 was 60 Celcius. Core temps dropped as well. Very nice.
2. 90 degree MOBO- I really enjoy the Motherboard setup the way it is. Plenty of room to work and I have a fully modular PSU and 7 cables coming out of my PSU and NONE of it was a problem to manage behind the case and NONE of it interfered with the mobo setup. Motherboard looks clean, neat ,and efficient. Very easy to work with.
3.Fan toggle switches- If you are worried about power then 3 toggle switches along the top fan area can have you toggle from High or Low. Very cool.
Cons: Some cons to this case:
1. HDD Cage - I did not have trouble with the HDD Cage like some people did. Just take your time and consider removing it via the front to prevent scratching but I do see how this could be an issue.
2. Fan Dust Screens - Each of the 3 lower fans on this case have a removable dust screen. Very cool feature; however, I have had a small issue with the screen getting stuck during removal. You just have to work with it a little and it will slide out. But I can see if you were in a hurry and pulling that it would either a. tear the screen or b. snap a plastic piece. Be Careful!
Other Thoughts: This was my second build I have done and it could not have been easier. I upgraded from a traditional mid tower into this unorthodox (in part placement) tower and could not be happier. Cooler temps, very easy to work in with plenty of room, and plenty of space for proper cable management. Very satisfied.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1. I Own It. No rental fee.
2. Took 1 five minute phone call to Comcast to setup. Just had to provide MAC address.
3. Works just fine with my CISCO Linksys E2000 Router.
4. Provides enough speed for 2 PCs, 2 smartphones, 1 iPad, and 2 Netbooks.
5. NO MORE MODEM RESETS AT ALL
Cons: None so far. Everything has worked and is completely hassle free to setup and use.
Other Thoughts: I had been renting a modem from Comcast that started randomly resetting itself sometimes every 10 minutes. After doing some research this modem seemed a good choice. It was up and running and is still running with no resets at all. Took 5 minutes to setup and I have had issues with it. Great Comcast modem replacement!READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.