Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: NZXT Source 530 CA-SO530-M1 Matte Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Pros: I did not want to leave my Lian Li PC65 case for years. So happy with the source 530 right now, that I'm actually happy I switched.
1. HDD cage config is great
2. Cable management is great
3. The rear IO lights are the greatest invention since rear view cameras on cars. Must become a standard on all cases.
4. Plenty of dust filters.
5. Plenty of ventilation and fan placement.
6. This case is slightly smaller than most other Full Size ATX cases but it really has the same amount of space.
7. USB 3.0 in front
Cons: 1. I'm worried that when I hit the IO Light switch on the side that I am going to hit the reset button instead. Not the best placement.
2. Side window is a smaller than most.
3. Just wish that the IO lights in the rear could be powered on even with the computer off. there must be a way to do that.
Other Thoughts: I had a hard time picking out a case but this one turned out to be a winner.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: MSI MSI Gaming 970 Gaming AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Pros: Good Style, plenty of features.
BIOS interface is very modern.
Fast load times for windows 7.
Cons: 1. Did not like my DDR3 128000 G.SKill RAM. Not sure why. It took my backup Hyundai ram at the same exact speed.
2. I am not a fan of the one sided DIMM slots. Only one side as the little clip piece. The other side is stationary. They claim it makes it easy but i find it harder to pop sticks in and out.
3. Wish it had a second USB 3.0 internal slot.
Other Thoughts: My Setup.
AMD 8350 FX
MSI R9 380 4GB LE
16GB PC3 128000
250GB Samsung Evo SSD
Cooler Master 212 Evo CPU Cooler
all in a NZXT Source 530
This review is from: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan
Pros: Kept my cpu almost 10*C cooler. Fan is prettty quiet. Didnt know that there is a bracket included to add a second fan.
Cons: Instructions are garbage. Watched a youtube video, but overall the installation was pretty painless.
Even with the heatsink firmly in place it is possible to move it. A bit more secure locking system would be nice.
Other Thoughts: First after market cooler in a long time.
AMD FX8350 AM3+
MSI 970 Gaming Mobo