Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Free (this was thrown into my order without asking)
Cons: Have to specify 802.11g in the driver settings to get a consistent connectionREAD FULL REVIEW
Pros: Great at overclocking
Hasn't caught fire
Cons: Very poor audio isolation. Whenever the CPU/GPU kick up to full speed, I can immediately hear a LOT of static through the speakers. Just loading Minecraft causes this problem, but BF3 and other games also do it.
Pretty ridiculous that I have to buy a separate sound card just because ASUS somehow *STILL* hasn't managed to figure out electrical isolation.
It almost makes me think this is a half-way scam to sell more of those ASUS XONAR sound cards they recently started selling.
Other Thoughts: Great except the terrible integrated sound.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System, THX-Certified
Pros: Flashy new design. Still excellent sound quality. Just not as good as the predecessor.
Cons: This is strictly a comparison with the Z-2300, which this is a successor to:
- Smaller subwoofer speaker
- Smaller amplifier, no heatsink
- Smaller subwoofer box (this is a bad thing acoustically)
- Less wattage to satellites
- No control pod. The control pod was a major pro to the z623's predecessor. Now all adjustments must be made by reaching toward the right satellite. Additionally, headphones must be plugged in there. This is a serious con. The control pod was my favorite feature.
Other Thoughts: If you can find them, try to get your hands on the Logitech Z-2300. It has been discontinued in favor of this. Such a shame. I suppose Logitech's marketing goals have shifted since 2003 (the year the Z-2300 was created), and this is the result: a cheaper, inferior successor product.READ FULL REVIEW