Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: BELKIN F9K1102 N600 DB Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
Pros: Absolutely none
Cons: There was nothing good about this unit, model F9K1102V2:
- Was impossible to connect via WiFi
- The user interface was for kids
- Never got more than 2 or 3 bars (out of 5) signal strength in the 2.4GHz frequency
- Did not broadcast the 2.4GHz wireless SSID even though I had that option checked.
- Took forever and a day to load its own router pages
- Could not maintain a WiFi connection even if I was able to connect
Other Thoughts: I tried all possible configuration change combinations, thinking something would get this unit working. But nothing worked. I could not connect farther than about 10 feet from this unit with WiFi. With a long CAT5 cable, I could probably connect several hundred feet, but that would basically obviate the need for this wireless router.
I have the same model, but version 1 (F9K1102V1), which was a bigger unit. It works fantastic. So either this V2 unit is seriously manufactured-defective, or it is exceptionally poorly designed. It is certainly non-functional in its present state.
Belkin has always had good products in the past, in my experience. But my recommendation is to avoid this V2 model until Belkin either fixes it or replaces it.