Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Comes with Windows 7 installed with the option to upgrade to Windows 8 if you want.
- Great for basic functions (net browsing, word processing, etc.)
- Good looking display considering the lower resolution (1366 x 768)
- Upgradable Memory
- 4 USB ports (two of them are USB 3.0)
- HDMI out works very well
Cons: - The track pad isn't the best. It only works about 60% of the time for me. According to other reviews I've seen, the track pad seems to widespread issue. I use a wireless USB mouse, so this wasn't a major probelm for me, but it is a negative
- The battery life, while not terrible, isn't going to impress anyone
- I wish the speakers were just a bit louder
- Not a good choice for gaming. I have a gaming desktop, so I've never felt the need to test this laptop's gaming chops
- I would have liked designated volume buttons, but that's more of a personal preference though
Other Thoughts: I added an extra 4GB of memory for fairly cheap, and it made quite a difference. My boot-up takes about 30 seconds.
I still get a lot of email questions about this, so I'll make sure to emphasize on this:
My machine came with Windows 7 installed. It also came with a disc that allows you to upgrade to Windows 8 only if you choose to (for some reason.) I still run Windows 7 out of preference