Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Comes with Windows 7 installed with the option to upgrade to Windows 8 if you want.
- Great for basic functions (net browsing, word processing, etc.)
- Good looking display considering the lower resolution (1366 x 768)
- Upgradable Memory
- 4 USB ports (two of them are USB 3.0)
- HDMI out works very well
Cons: - The track pad isn't the best. It only works about 60% of the time for me. According to other reviews I've seen, the track pad seems to widespread issue. I use a wireless USB mouse, so this wasn't a major probelm for me, but it is a negative
- The battery life, while not terrible, isn't going to impress anyone
- I wish the speakers were just a bit louder
- Not a good choice for gaming. I have a gaming desktop, so I've never felt the need to test this laptop's gaming chops
- I would have liked designated volume buttons, but that's more of a personal preference though
Other Thoughts: I added an extra 4GB of memory for fairly cheap, and it made quite a difference. My boot-up takes about 30 seconds.
I still get a lot of email questions about this, so I'll make sure to emphasize on this:
My machine came with Windows 7 installed. It also came with a disc that allows you to upgrade to Windows 8 only if you choose to (for some reason.) I still run Windows 7 out of preference